MCQ Question related to trajectory of two projectiles

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
dahano
Messages
10
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement

:
The trajectort of two projectiles are shown in the figure. Let T1 & T2 be the rime periods and U1 and U2 be their speeds of projection. Then(state the answer with REASON):

A) T2 > T1
B) T1 = T2
C) U1 > U2
D) U1 < U2

image.png
[/B]

(MAYBE, MORE THAN ONE CORRECT)

Homework Equations

: 2D Motion/kinematics.[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

: I feel that the option A & D should be correct but I'm not quite sure and neither I've a proper reason for it. btw, I've used "2uSin(theta)/g" to figure out that A & D are the answer but I'm not sure.[/B]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
dahano said:
I feel that the option A & D should be correct but I'm not quite sure and neither I've a proper reason for it. btw, I've used "2uSin(theta)/g" to figure out that A & D are the answer but I'm not sure.

What makes you feel this ?
 
Qwertywerty said:
What makes you feel this ?
I used "2uSin(theta)/g" but the values that I put for "u" were like u2 > u1. And this is why I'm not sure of my answer and I doubt that it may be wrong.
 
dahano said:
I used "2uSin(theta)/g" but the values that I put for "u" were like u2 > u1. And this is why I'm not sure of my answer and I doubt that it may be wrong.

What relation do you get from H1 = H2 ?
 
what does that expression tell us? uSin(theta) is simply the vertical component of the projectile velocity, so you might want to just focus on this fact and consider using the law of energy conservation to tackle the problem.