1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MCQ Question related to trajectory of two projectiles

Tags:
  1. Jul 28, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
    The trajectort of two projectiles are shown in the figure. Let T1 & T2 be the rime periods and U1 and U2 be their speeds of projection. Then(state the answer with REASON):

A) T2 > T1
    B) T1 = T2
    C) U1 > U2
    D) U1 < U2

image.png

(MAYBE, MORE THAN ONE CORRECT)

2. Relevant equations: 2D Motion/kinematics.

3. The attempt at a solution: I feel that the option A & D should be correct but I'm not quite sure and neither I've a proper reason for it. btw, I've used "2uSin(theta)/g" to figure out that A & D are the answer but I'm not sure.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2015 #2
    What makes you feel this ?

4. Jul 28, 2015 #3
    I used "2uSin(theta)/g" but the values that I put for "u" were like u2 > u1. And this is why I'm not sure of my answer and I doubt that it may be wrong.

5. Jul 28, 2015 #4
    What relation do you get from H1 = H2 ?

6. Jul 28, 2015 #5
    what does that expression tell us? uSin(theta) is simply the vertical component of the projectile velocity, so you might want to just focus on this fact and consider using the law of energy conservation to tackle the problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted