Meaning What You Do In Real Life: Moral Principles and Beyond

• Thread starter pace
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the conversation is discussing whether one's moral principles and actions align in real life. One person shares that not sticking to their moral principles has caused health issues, while the other person shares that they try to behave according to their personal beliefs. The conversation also touches on the idea of being open to different opinions and ideas.
pace
Are you one of those who has to mean what you do in real life. Or do you allow yourself to have completely different moral principles compared to what you do in real life? Or which side are you inclined towards?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
pace said:
Are you one of those who has to mean what you do in real life. Or do you allow yourself to have completely different moral principles compared to what you do in real life? Or which side are you inclined towards?
I have found it a helth risk to not stick to my 'moral principles'/ 'ethics'!
how about you Pace?

Matter said:
I have found it a helth risk to not stick to my 'moral principles'/ 'ethics'!

That's not what I'm asking. Read it again.

Matter said:
how about you Pace

I tend to say more things and principles, believing in me doing much better, fantasise more about it, and rather stay in guilt. But I think it makes me better see political situations, and sometimes it happens to make me suddenly make up my mind in things I never thought I would do.

Well now I am confused as to your Q.
I try to behave the way I truly feel as I have Gained the wisdom that if I do differently! I get physically ill (just trying to clarify my answer) :wink:

I was asking if you are one of those who got a lot of moral principles and obligation that can make your life theoretic, but doesn't respond to how you act, and gets you bad conscience.
Or if you were one of those who doesn't like to have different oppinions to how you act. Many don't like to have oppinions that's not in balance, so to speak, to how they are.

I am still not sure I am on the right track!
I have lots of opinions / (theory) and I try to hold true to my personal ideas of correct behavior. I love finding new ideas on thought and am open to contemplating other peoples ideals/ morals.
would that be a more correct answer to your Q.

Related to Meaning What You Do In Real Life: Moral Principles and Beyond

1. What is the difference between moral principles and personal meaning?

Moral principles refer to a set of ethical guidelines that dictate our behavior and actions towards others. Personal meaning, on the other hand, is a subjective sense of purpose and fulfillment that we derive from our actions and choices in life.

2. How do moral principles influence our daily lives?

Moral principles provide a framework for decision making and guide our interactions with others. They help us determine what is right and wrong and shape our values and beliefs.

3. Can we find personal meaning without following moral principles?

While moral principles can contribute to personal meaning, they are not the only source of it. Personal meaning can also come from pursuing our passions, building relationships, and making a positive impact on the world.

4. How can we align our personal meaning with our moral principles?

It is important to reflect on our values and beliefs and identify any discrepancies between our personal meaning and moral principles. We can then strive to make choices that align with both, leading to a more fulfilling and ethical life.

5. Is there a universal set of moral principles that apply to everyone?

While there are some universal moral principles, such as respecting others and being honest, the specifics may vary across cultures and individuals. It is important to consider diverse perspectives and cultural norms when determining our own moral principles.