Mechicanical Engineering Recomended Courses

In summary, for the Fall 11' semester, the major courses for a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering student include ME 211—Fluid Mechanics I and ME 325—Intermediate Thermodynamics. To prepare for the Spring 12' semester, two recommended courses from the list are CME 261—Materials for Manufacturing and CME 203—Strength of Materials.
albertsmith
I'm going into my 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering and for this Fall 11' my major courses are:
ME 211—Fluid Mechanics I 4
ME 325—Intermediate Thermodynamics 3

I need to add 2 more classes from the following list:

ECE 210—Electrical Circuit Analysis 3
CME 261—Materials for Manufacturing 2
IE 201—Financial Engineering 3
ME 250—Engineering Graphics and Design 3

which courses from above would better prepare me for the Spring 12' which I would be taking
SPRING 2012
ME 308—Mechanical Vibrations 3
ME 312—Dynamic Systems and Control 3
ME 320—Mechanisms and Dynamics of Machinery 4
ME 321—Heat Transfer 4
CME 203—Strength of Materials 3

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
There all good courses, but if you can pick only two, I would recommend:

CME 261—Materials for Manufacturing 2
CME 203—Strength of Materials 3 (it conflicts w/ my ME clases But could take it in Spr 12')

1. What are the core courses recommended for a mechanical engineering major?

The core courses recommended for a mechanical engineering major typically include calculus, physics, chemistry, mechanics, thermodynamics, and materials science. These courses provide a strong foundation in mathematics and the physical sciences, which are essential for understanding the principles of mechanical engineering.

2. Are there any specific electives that are highly recommended for mechanical engineering students?

While the specific electives may vary depending on the university or program, some common electives that are highly recommended for mechanical engineering students include computer-aided design (CAD), fluid mechanics, and engineering design. These courses can help students develop practical skills and apply their knowledge to real-world problems.

3. Are there any courses that focus on emerging technologies in the field of mechanical engineering?

Yes, there are many courses that focus on emerging technologies in mechanical engineering, such as robotics, renewable energy systems, and nanotechnology. These courses can provide students with a deeper understanding of cutting-edge technologies and their applications in the field.

4. Are there any courses that can help me prepare for a career in the aerospace industry?

Yes, there are several courses that can help you prepare for a career in the aerospace industry, including aerodynamics, propulsion systems, and aerospace structures. These courses cover the fundamental principles and techniques used in the design and operation of aircraft and spacecraft.

5. Are there any online courses or resources available for mechanical engineering students?

Yes, there are many online courses and resources available for mechanical engineering students, including online lectures, tutorials, and simulations. These can be helpful for supplementing traditional classroom learning or for self-study. It is important to make sure that the online courses or resources are from reputable sources and cover relevant topics in the field of mechanical engineering.