Meet Evo: Biweekly Series on Mentors & Regenerative Medicine Advances

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo Mentor
In summary: I've been a bit more selective. I will have an animal in my home, but it will be a rescue. I'm not a "pet person" per se, I like my animals to be part of the family.
I lurk every now and again. Having some down time recently.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo, I have a few questions.

What are your measurements?
What are your turn-ons?
What is the craziest place...

Whoops! wrong list.

How would you compare and contrast PF when you first started here, to what we see today?

What do you see as the most positive change that has occurred since you began?
What do you think is the most regrettable change?

Ivan Seeking said:
How would you compare and contrast PF when you first started here, to what we see today?
I like that things are less wishy-washy as far as the rules go.

What do you see as the most positive change that has occurred since you began?
Getting rid of *online philosophy*.

What do you think is the most regrettable change?
I loved S&D the way it was when I first joined. Unfortunately toward the end, zero post newbies thought S&D was "theory development". They thought it meant they could post their crackpot theories and then the rest of us were supposed to debunk them.

I miss Tsu's sense of humor, and the really funny group we had for awhile. Alas, all good things must end. But reading GD Classics let's people relive some of those good times.

Greg Bernhardt said:
-------

To make a long story short, I finished High School at age 14, decided to go to France and visit my mom's family, returned to the US and began college at age 16.

--------
Thanks for participating Evo! Next interview will be posted next Thursday!

Oh God ! I am already 16 and still in high school !

Evo, when are you going to tell us the story about how you climbed Mt. Olympus and forged Bannenstein, the Banhammer of the Gods?

Drakkith said:
Evo, when are you going to tell us the story about how you climbed Mt. Olympus and forged Bannenstein, the Banhammer of the Gods?
Oh, that is quite a story. Perhaps later today. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I loved S&D the way it was when I first joined. Unfortunately toward the end, zero post newbies thought S&D was "theory development". They thought it meant they could post their crackpot theories and then the rest of us were supposed to debunk them.

I miss Tsu's sense of humor, and the really funny group we had for awhile. Alas, all good things must end. But reading GD Classics let's people relive some of those good times.

Heh, yes, S&D was really a never-ending nightmare. :biggrin: And it was a two-way street. Most people want to "debunk", with most of the rest wanting to "promote", and very few willing to explore. The internet is just too wild to do what I had hoped. It was always an uphill battle at best and a serious pain in the rear. If I wasn't throwing myself under the bus there wasn't much to talk about! :rofl:

The golden years of GD were quite a thing. We had a blast, didn't we? I remember the What Was It thread being unbelievably active when we were all playing. It seems to me that thread was hot when GD was at its peak.

Drakkith said:

Oh wait until you hear about Mt. Sunflower!

lisab said:
Oh wait until you hear about Mt. Sunflower!

Oh I've heard all about Mt. Sunflower. And you should be ashamed of yourself.

I don't have any questions but just wanted to say that I totally love Evo!

HeLiXe said:
I don't have any questions but just wanted to say that I totally love Evo!

I can't say I love Evo, but I can say I love the way she brings Bannenstein down on the posters I report on occasion. The supersonic blast wave brings tears to my eyes...and not just because of all the dust and debris in the air.

Drakkith said:
I can't say I love Evo

:uhh: what?

Yeah, what?

The gods of Olympus are listening and the thunder bolts of Zeus are at Defcon 3.

In another thread Velikovsky found Evo's tasteful avatar.

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56618&d=1363066704

Well, I'm just a fool for pretty girls and wood boats.

"Pardon me, Have you any Grey Poupon ?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Borg
jedishrfu said:
Yeah, what?

The gods of Olympus are listening and the thunder bolts of Zeus are at Defcon 3.

I am not afraid!

jim hardy said:
I'm just a fool for pretty girls and wood boats.

e.g. wood boats with

61HcxeZVi0L._SX300_.jpg
:tongue2:

dlgoff said:
e.g. wood boats with

61HcxeZVi0L._SX300_.jpg
:tongue2:

well, Don, of course!

evinrude_guarantee.jpg

I have about ten of them.

The ones from 1950's are treasures. I can show you how to adapt a modern fuel pump so you don't need that old pressurized tank.

whoops, off topic...

das bannenhammer kometh... ahem... as I was saying - Evo runs a tight ship here.

jim hardy said:
whoops, off topic...

das bannenhammer kometh...

ahem... as I was saying - Evo runs a tight ship here.

Indeed. So Evo hasn't put any GOOBF cards into your computer?
Evo said:
If you get 15 points you get banned. If you're very nice, I'll give you a "get out of banning free" card, aka GOOBF. The problem with GOOBF cards is that they can expire at any time without warning.

A little know fact about Evo. I hope my GOOBF cards are still valid. :uhh:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=767211&postcount=8

GASP, I step away for a bit...

I will be back.

Evo said:
GASP, I step away for a bit...

I will be back.

(Rut rho...)

Evo said:

For some reason this comment popped into my head yesterday. Who started allowing theories? :rofl:! See, should have listened to Ivan. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Here's my greenhouse. The roses shown were first year. Second year they were over 6 feet tall and my Chrysler Imperial bush had over 60 huge ultra fragrant blooms at once. I can't find a picture of my rose beds.

Your greenhouse is beautiful, Evo. :)

Likes 1 person
Evo, do you still have 2 left feet and plenty of bandages. i love your mind can i cuddle it for a while:biggrin:

Likes 1 person
wolram said:
i love your mind can i cuddle it for a while:biggrin:
Me first. :tongue2:

Yes, I am still quite the klutz!

Aw, my mind can use all of the cuddling it can get.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... hold on folks. I've got a coupon for one free cuddle before anyone else. So back off the Evo-mind!

Drakkith said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa... hold on folks. I've got a coupon for one free cuddle before anyone else. So back off the Evo-mind!
afraid-male-afraid-frightened-smiley-emoticon-000138-large.gif

Likes 1 person
Awwww, group brain hug!

Likes gracy
That was adorable.