Memorable quotes from PF members

• Thread starter houlahound
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary, some of the most popular quotes from PF members include "It's not about how much money you make, but how much money you keep," "The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient," and "The best investment you can make is in yourself." These quotes reflect the values of the Personal Finance community by emphasizing long-term thinking, self-improvement, and responsible financial management. Warren Buffett, Dave Ramsey, and Suze Orman are some of the most quoted PF members, known for their valuable insights and advice on personal finance. While there are some controversial quotes from PF members, such as "Debt is not always a bad thing" and "Invest in what you know," they can
houlahound
Anything of neme (or is it meme??) type quality. This one regarding off topic posts is as subtle as a brick:

Thanks Professor N.

A. Neumaier said:
The point where it becomes intolerable is subject to an uncertainty relation, but at some point it is a macroscopically definite observable.

Physics news on Phys.org
Years ago there was a member (whose name escapes me) who had composed as her signature line:

"If I have not seen as far as my fellow man, it's because there's always been some giant with big shoulders blocking my way."

Likes epenguin, nsaspook, BillTre and 1 other person

1. What are some of the most popular quotes from PF members?

Some of the most popular quotes from PF members include "It's not about how much money you make, but how much money you keep," "The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient," and "The best investment you can make is in yourself."

2. How do these quotes reflect the values of the Personal Finance community?

These quotes reflect the values of the Personal Finance community by emphasizing the importance of long-term thinking, self-improvement, and responsible financial management. They also highlight the community's focus on building wealth through smart investments and saving money rather than trying to get rich quickly.

3. Who are some of the most quoted PF members?

Some of the most quoted PF members include Warren Buffett, Dave Ramsey, and Suze Orman. These individuals are highly respected in the financial world and have shared valuable insights and advice on personal finance.

4. Are there any controversial quotes from PF members?

Yes, there are some controversial quotes from PF members, such as "Debt is not always a bad thing" and "Invest in what you know." These quotes have sparked debates within the community, with some members agreeing and others disagreeing with the statements.

5. How can I use these quotes to improve my personal finances?

You can use these quotes to improve your personal finances by reflecting on their meaning and applying them to your own financial situation. They can also serve as reminders or motivation to make positive changes in your financial habits and decisions.