Since this is the skepticism forum I suppose someone should point out that the skeptical approach at this stage would need some special reason to suppose anything different.
From the outset, the objects are clearly manmade, there are manmade objects in the sky, therefore it is not surprising to find manmade objects falling from the sky. Even without knowing about COPVs that should be enough to show there is no problem in the appearance of these objects. We would automatically suspect they were bits of something we put in the sky and look for likely candidates ... which has happened.
The likelyhood we need to look any further is very small.
The proper investigations are happening.
The article isn't even particularly bad. In fact it's one of the better reports I've seen.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving