Meteor Storm Possible Thursday Night November 21-22

In summary, a brief (15-45 minutes) burst of meteors is expected from the Alpha Monocerotids on November 22. The burst is predicted to be centered around 4:50 UCT. If you are in the area, it is worth trying to see.
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Wow, thanks for sharing. I the skies are clear, I'll try to see it.

If it is a storm it is worth seeing. I was in the Army in 1966 in New Mexico and we fell out in the morning dark and there it was. Very impressive but I did not have time to do a photo. What I remember it was a continuous display as if you were looking at flowers growing directly in my direction. I will never forget and it has set my standards so high a mear shower has no appeal! xD

Likes berkeman
I also saw this, just as it appears in the photo, we were out looking for it and did not see it but one of us saw it out of the corner of their eyes and then we all saw it. Before we saw it we did not know what to look for, once we saw it we all had a permanent memory to refer to. I was in Ft. Huachuca Arizona for this, clear view to the horizon. Truly wonderful memories.https://www.britannica.com/topic/Comet-Ikeya-Seki

Little (No?) joy here in Southern California. The wife and I were at a city beach looking over a bay to the Pacific Ocean. Partly cloudy. Lots of airplanes. I had 3 or 4 maybe sightings in my peripheral vision but nothing I could really call as a meteor, just some flashes (disintegration maybe?). My wife didn't spot anything.

Too much light pollution here from those new LED street lamps, there are no side shields on them and can be seen miles away.

Rare -- increasingly rare -- thick cloud cover and rain storms in the high Nevada desert during this event; ignoring prodigious light pollution.

1. What is a meteor storm?

A meteor storm is a rare event in which a large number of meteors, or shooting stars, appear in a short period of time. It is caused by the Earth passing through a dense debris field left behind by a comet or asteroid.

2. When is the meteor storm expected to occur?

The meteor storm is expected to occur on Thursday night, November 21st into the early morning hours of Friday, November 22nd.

3. Where can I see the meteor storm?

The meteor storm will be visible from most parts of the world, as long as the sky is clear and dark. It is best viewed away from city lights and in an area with a clear view of the horizon.

4. How many meteors can we expect to see during the meteor storm?

During a meteor storm, hundreds or even thousands of meteors can be seen per hour. However, the exact number can vary and is difficult to predict.

5. Is there any danger associated with the meteor storm?

No, there is no danger associated with the meteor storm. Meteors are small particles that burn up in the Earth's atmosphere before reaching the ground. However, it is always important to exercise caution and follow safety guidelines while stargazing.