Will there be a Midwest Convergence this year?

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Convergence
Huh?Is this about the old "Lets do lunch" thread?In summary, the conversation is about a potential meet-up in Chicago, with suggestions for places to visit, including scientific and non-scientific attractions, and the mention of a week-long party called The Taste of Chicago. However, it seems that none of the participants are currently able to attend, with one person mentioning a possible meet-up in Munich instead.
eNtRopY
So did that happen, and if so, was I not invited?

eNtRopY

Physics news on Phys.org
Huh?
Is this about the old "Lets do lunch" thread?

It did not happen.

I made the last posts in that thread shortly before PF v2.0 went down. I said that I would not be able to make it in the spring, and that I would like to try again for the week of July 4th. That will be more fun anyway, because we can go to the beach, and there is also The Taste of Chicago (a week-long party at which about 1 million people show up).

I'll post more in this thread later.

OK, here is the info I posted at PF v2.0 in "Let's do Lunch", before it went down.

Scientific Attractions
http://www.fmnh.org [Broken]
Museum of Science and Industry
Adler Planetarium
http://www.sheddnet.org [Broken]
Fermilab Ahrkron works there, and said he would look into getting us a tour.

Nonscientific, but also Enlightening
The Art Institute
The University of Chicago Specifically, the Museum of the Oriental Institute is cool.

Fun Stuff
Navy Pier
The Magnificent Mile
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=chc There's also the Sox, but if you want to see them, you're going without me.

And, of course, The Taste of Chicago, June 27-July 6.
Here's a http://www.suntimes.com/special_sections/taste of last year's.

I'll post some more stuff as I think of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
:frown: won't be able to make it, i might be in georgia in november however...

Sorry, I won't be able to make it either. I'm going to the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich to do some research for all of June and July.

But if anyone will be in Munich in June or July, maybe we can hit the Biergarten together.

eNtRopY

What is Midwest Convergence?

Midwest Convergence is an annual conference that brings together scientists, researchers, and experts from various fields to discuss and share their knowledge and insights on current trends and advancements in science and technology.

Where is Midwest Convergence held?

The conference is held in various cities in the Midwest region of the United States, such as Chicago, St. Louis, and Minneapolis. The location changes each year to allow for more accessibility to attendees from different regions.

Who can attend Midwest Convergence?

The conference is open to scientists, researchers, students, and anyone interested in science and technology. Attendees can be from any country and any field of study, as long as they have a passion for science and a desire to learn and collaborate with others.

What topics are typically covered at Midwest Convergence?

The conference covers a wide range of topics including biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, engineering, and environmental science. Each year, there is a different theme that focuses on the latest research and developments in a specific area of science.

How can I participate in Midwest Convergence?

There are several ways to participate in Midwest Convergence. You can attend as an audience member, present your research as a speaker or poster presenter, or volunteer as a session chair or organizer. You can also become a sponsor or exhibitor to showcase your company or organization's products and services.