Miscalculations and Misjudgements: My EngG130 Midterm Story

• Thread starter General_Sax
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Midterm
In summary, a student who didn't bring a calculator for an engineering mechanics: statics midterm was doomed to fail.

I ended up getting 22/40, the class average was 19.5/40. I did better than I was expecting

<h2>1. What is the significance of "Miscalculations and Misjudgements: My EngG130 Midterm Story"?</h2><p>The title refers to a personal experience with making mistakes and wrong assumptions during a midterm exam in a course called EngG130. It is a reflection on the importance of careful calculations and critical thinking in scientific studies.</p><h2>2. Can you share any specific examples of miscalculations and misjudgements in the story?</h2><p>Yes, during the exam, I misread a question and ended up using the wrong formula, which led to incorrect results. I also underestimated the time needed to complete the exam and rushed through some questions, resulting in careless mistakes. These errors significantly impacted my final grade.</p><h2>3. How did you handle the consequences of your miscalculations and misjudgements?</h2><p>Initially, I was disappointed and frustrated with myself for not performing better on the exam. However, I took it as a learning experience and sought help from my professor to understand where I went wrong. I also made sure to double-check my calculations and take my time during future exams.</p><h2>4. What lessons did you learn from this experience?</h2><p>I learned the importance of paying attention to details and not rushing through exams. I also realized the significance of seeking help and clarifying any doubts during exams. Additionally, I understood the value of critical thinking and problem-solving skills in scientific studies.</p><h2>5. How can others avoid making similar mistakes in exams or scientific studies?</h2><p>It is essential to thoroughly read and understand the instructions and questions before starting an exam or scientific study. Double-checking calculations and taking the time to think through solutions can also help avoid mistakes. Seeking help and clarification when needed is also crucial. Finally, practicing critical thinking and problem-solving skills can improve performance in exams and scientific studies.</p>

1. What is the significance of "Miscalculations and Misjudgements: My EngG130 Midterm Story"?

The title refers to a personal experience with making mistakes and wrong assumptions during a midterm exam in a course called EngG130. It is a reflection on the importance of careful calculations and critical thinking in scientific studies.

2. Can you share any specific examples of miscalculations and misjudgements in the story?

Yes, during the exam, I misread a question and ended up using the wrong formula, which led to incorrect results. I also underestimated the time needed to complete the exam and rushed through some questions, resulting in careless mistakes. These errors significantly impacted my final grade.

3. How did you handle the consequences of your miscalculations and misjudgements?

Initially, I was disappointed and frustrated with myself for not performing better on the exam. However, I took it as a learning experience and sought help from my professor to understand where I went wrong. I also made sure to double-check my calculations and take my time during future exams.

4. What lessons did you learn from this experience?

I learned the importance of paying attention to details and not rushing through exams. I also realized the significance of seeking help and clarifying any doubts during exams. Additionally, I understood the value of critical thinking and problem-solving skills in scientific studies.

5. How can others avoid making similar mistakes in exams or scientific studies?

It is essential to thoroughly read and understand the instructions and questions before starting an exam or scientific study. Double-checking calculations and taking the time to think through solutions can also help avoid mistakes. Seeking help and clarification when needed is also crucial. Finally, practicing critical thinking and problem-solving skills can improve performance in exams and scientific studies.