Modern Physics Exam: Difficulties Solving Problems? Get Help Here!

In summary, a student is seeking help with understanding topics in modern physics, specifically relativistic kinematics, dynamics, and quantum effects. They are looking for links or resources with solved problems. A user suggests posting on the "Homework & Coursework Questions" and "Math & Science Learning Materials" forums for assistance. Another user apologizes for not being able to help but suggests posting on the suggested forums for better chances of finding help. The student thanks the users for their kindness.
univers
hello everybody . i have an exam in modern physics ,about relativistic kinematics and relativistic dynamics and quantum effects . but i have some difficulties when solving problems and i'd like to work it more . so if anyone knows an interesting link or a free ebook where i can find solved problems that can help me better understanding the topics let me know. i will be grateful. thanks very much :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
MuggsMcGinnis said:
Hi,

This isn't really the place for this. Try submitting to the "Homework & Coursework Questions" forum:
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152

hi i beg ur pardon but i don't see this as a homework . as long as it is not an exercise or a question from the course. it is just a simple request for help. that's all . thanks

I think he may have been thinking of the "Math & Science Learning Materials" forum. That's where people post references to useful things that they've found, and sometimes even post their own material specifically written for PF.

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151

Look in both the "INtroductory Physics Learning Materials" and "Advanced Physics Learning Materials" sections.

hi thanks . I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding. but really i need some help if u can of course! .

no reply? why ?

You'll get just as much help on the other forum and there's people there who like to help. This forum is more for the general discussion of Special and General Relativity, so someone browsing this forum, who comes across your post, probably won't be interested in helping you because they're in here for a different reason.

On the other hand, if you post in the suggested forums, I think you'll find help in this particular request much more readily available.
-Tim

p.s. I'd help you out if I could but I can't

univers:

Sorry I can't help. I'm pretty well grounded in the concepts of SR & GR, but only from my own study and a dimly remembered SR class... good luck, though.

daytripper said:
You'll get just as much help on the other forum and there's people there who like to help. This forum is more for the general discussion of Special and General Relativity, so someone browsing this forum, who comes across your post, probably won't be interested in helping you because they're in here for a different reason.

On the other hand, if you post in the suggested forums, I think you'll find help in this particular request much more readily available.
-Tim

p.s. I'd help you out if I could but I can't

thanks u very much it is really kind of u

MuggsMcGinnis said:
univers:

Sorry I can't help. I'm pretty well grounded in the concepts of SR & GR, but only from my own study and a dimly remembered SR class... good luck, though.

thanks for u .it is so kind of u

FAQ: Modern Physics Exam: Difficulties Solving Problems? Get Help Here!

1. What are the common difficulties students face when solving modern physics problems?

Some common difficulties include not understanding the underlying concepts, struggling with the mathematical equations and calculations, and not being able to apply the correct approach or strategy to solve the problem.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in modern physics?

To improve your problem-solving skills, it is important to practice regularly, understand the fundamental concepts, and seek help from teachers or peers when needed. Additionally, breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable steps and using visual aids can also be helpful.

3. Is it necessary to have a strong mathematical background to excel in modern physics?

While having a strong mathematical background can certainly be beneficial, it is not a requirement to excel in modern physics. Understanding the fundamental concepts and having a good problem-solving approach can also lead to success in this subject.

4. What resources are available to help me with difficult modern physics problems?

There are many resources available, including textbooks, online lectures and tutorials, study groups, and private tutors. It is important to find the resource that works best for you and to use it consistently.

5. How can I overcome test anxiety when taking a modern physics exam?

To overcome test anxiety, it is important to prepare well in advance, practice solving problems under timed conditions, and stay calm and focused during the exam. Additionally, deep breathing techniques and positive self-talk can also help alleviate test anxiety.