1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Moire hair

1. Jun 24, 2005 #1
    My hair is cut short enough so that it's pretty much straight, like a wiffle only longer, and the other day I was sitting waiting for the bus in the late afternoon and reading a book (the Medea). The sun was behind me and the hair on my head cast a shadow onto the book. As I turned my head from side to side, the fibers crossing in the shadow weaved in a Moire pattern, their crossings shifting back and forth.

The Medea is a book about an evil woman (Medea) who murders her husband's new wife and that woman's father through poison, the effects of which are described graphically over a couple pages, then kills her own children to spite her husband.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I've always been partial to moire, my mother liked it. Kind of neat. Nice that someone as young as you even knows what it is.

4. Jun 24, 2005 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

God is in the details.

5. Jun 24, 2005 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?