Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Molecules With Radio Emission Under Current

1. Nov 23, 2014 #1
    I am working on a project, however I am having trouble finding the right material for it to work. I am looking for a nano-material or any molecule that will emit a radio frequency when subjected to a voltage or a current at around 37 degrees Celsius. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, I've never had to find something like this before.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2014 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

DC voltage? I would be surprised if such a thing exists (neglecting thermal emissions). If your voltage source has the right frequency then it gets easier, but then I would simply use a conventional antenna.
    What do you want to do?

4. Nov 24, 2014 #3
    Well, it's a long shot... But what I'm hoping to do is put it into a neuron. As the ions flow into an throughout the axon I'm hoping a current (if strong enough) can be generated and cause the emission of radio frequency.
    I could be wrong here, but I believe this may result in a half cycle, but I don know to what frequency.

Think it could work?

Other than that my only shot would be to enhance natural radio emissions with nano antennas.

Any thoughts?

5. Nov 27, 2014 #4
    I change my mind:
    Maybe 1 cycle in the axon and a weird 1.5 cycles through the membrane? its not your standard cycle but i believe it meets the definition, still a total guess though.

Does such a molecule really not exist though?!?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook