Monitoring calls from Z.exe to foo() in Y.sys, a driver

Say I write a driver for my usb device X containing a function foo(), and save it in c:/windows/system32/Y.sys, now i have a program Z.exe that I start up, it accesses X via Y.sys and calls foo(), how can I attack to Z.exe and look for any api calls to mydriver.sys specifically and return the name? I have googled but can't find any info that specifically looks for calls from Z to Y and returns foo's name if foo isn't a built in win32 library call. Any help appreciated.

Say I write a driver for my usb device X containing a function foo(), and save it in c:/windows/system32/Y.sys, now i have a program Z.exe that I start up, it accesses X via Y.sys and calls foo(), how can I attack to Z.exe and look for any api calls to mydriver.sys specifically and return the name? I have googled but can't find any info that specifically looks for calls from Z to Y and returns foo's name if foo isn't a built in win32 library call. Any help appreciated.
Since you wrote the code for Y.sys (or is it mydriver.sys?), can't you put a debugger breakpoint at the first line in foo()? I don't have any experience debugging drivers, so this might not be the advice you're looking for.

I did not write it myself, it came with the device, I seek to mod a specific function in the driver,

I did not write it myself, it came with the device, I seek to mod a specific function in the driver,
Do you have the source code? If so, build your project in a debugger, with a breakpoint at the beginning of the function you're interested in.

Tom.G

Science Advisor
There at least used to be a way using Windows debuggers, don't know if it is still supported.

Try this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search?q=debugging+tools

Let us know if you find how it's done these days.

Cheers,
Tom

There at least used to be a way using Windows debuggers, don't know if it is still supported.
I'm pretty sure those debuggers are still supported.