Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, the Mad Hatter Tea Party was a small gathering of people having tea and snacks while watching football. There were no pictures because not many people were able to attend.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hey Moonbear, tell us about your "Mad Hatter Tea Party". How did it go? Do you have any pics you can share?

Physics news on Phys.org
I wasn't invited. :cry:

Is it because I have fleas?

No fleas allowed! :biggrin:

It wasn't such an exciting party because not too many people were able to make it, so it was more of a small gathering having tea and snacks while watching football. No pictures, sorry.

I'll have to try it again sometime when it's not so close to a weekend when everyone has competing party interests (I think too many saw "tea party" and missed the "mad hatter" part when I sent out the invitations).

I would have arrived in my full Mad Hatter outfit!

BTW, you should have seen the hat I wore at work on Halloween! :)

Zz.

One of the best parties I've been to was a "bad hat, bad shoes" party, all guests had to wear the worst hat and shoes they could find, it was rather creative.

Zz, hat picture?

I'll try to snap a picture of it this weekend. I've already stored it away and will take some time to take it back out.

Zz.

It sounded like such a cool idea for a party. I would have been there with bells on!

That "bad hat, bad shoes" party sounds like a riot, Fleavo -- er, Evo. :biggrin:

Tea party? Do tell about tea party and what the plan was, Moonbear.

Evo said:
I wasn't invited. :cry:

Is it because I have fleas?
From Hemlock Stones and the Giant Rat of Sumatra - "Listen! The dog! It has ticks!" "Then we must flee!"

Mad Hatter Moonbear

LA83077.jpg

Ooh! la la

Maybe if I sent out that picture with the invitations, folks would have gotten the point. :biggrin: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Maybe if I sent out that picture with the invitations, folks would have gotten the point. :biggrin: :rofl:

If you had sent out a picture like that, you would have had every eligible male within a hundred miles at your door asking for tea.

Ivan Seeking said:
If you had sent out a picture like that, you would have had every eligible male within a hundred miles at your door asking for tea.

Unfortunately, with that outfit, I don't think they're expecting just tea!

:)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Unfortunately, with that outfit, I don't think they're expecting just tea!

:)

Zz.

Well, fortunately I was also serving plenty of other food (I even made little cucumber sandwiches, just because you HAVE to do that for a tea party, right?) and there was the spiced cider (and a bottle of rum for those who wanted it made a bit stronger).

Apparently, that outfit would be very conservative around here for Halloween. One of the grad students commented that he likes to drive around downtown on Halloween to see all the "hookers," which means all the students who are wearing as little as legally allowed and calling it a Halloween costume. He said they used to just wear practically no tops, and now it seems they have no bottoms on either.

Moonbear said:
Well, fortunately I was also serving plenty of other food (I even made little cucumber sandwiches, just because you HAVE to do that for a tea party, right?) and there was the spiced cider (and a bottle of rum for those who wanted it made a bit stronger).
There's also Long Island Iced Tea. :smile:

Apparently, that outfit would be very conservative around here for Halloween. One of the grad students commented that he likes to drive around downtown on Halloween to see all the "hookers," which means all the students who are wearing as little as legally allowed and calling it a Halloween costume. He said they used to just wear practically no tops, and now it seems they have no bottoms on either.

I would say "tsk tsk", but I just remembered I spent one Halloween walking around Sunnyside in a playboy bunny outfit! :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Well, fortunately I was also serving plenty of other food

Still not quite what we were thinking...:biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Still not quite what we were thinking...:biggrin:

Gee, then I have no idea what you could mean. o:)

1. What is "Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story"?

"Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story" is a children's book written by Frank Asch. It tells the story of a bear named Moonbear who has a tea party with his friends, and includes real photographs of bears dressed up in costumes.

2. Who is the author of "Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story"?

The author of "Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story" is Frank Asch, an American author and illustrator known for his many children's books.

3. What age group is "Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story" suitable for?

"Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story" is suitable for children ages 3-7 years old. The story and pictures are engaging for young readers, and it also introduces them to the concept of a tea party.

4. Are the photographs in "Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story" real or digitally created?

The photographs in "Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story" are real. They were taken by the author, Frank Asch, who dressed up real bears in costumes and photographed them in different scenes.

5. Is "Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story" part of a series?

Yes, "Moonbear's Mad Hatter Tea Party: Pics & Story" is part of the Moonbear series, which includes over 20 books featuring the lovable bear and his adventures.