How to Multi-Quote a Post: Jim's Guide

• Thread starter jmnew51
  • Start date
In summary, multi-quoting is the act of quoting multiple posts in a single reply, which allows for easier referencing and responding to multiple points in a discussion. To multi-quote a post, simply click on the "quote" button and repeat for additional posts. It is possible to multi-quote posts from different threads and there is no limit to how many posts can be included. It is recommended to keep responses concise and only quote relevant posts. Editing the multi-quote to include specific parts of a post is also possible.
jmnew51
I'm not sure how to do it?

I'm sure it's easy, but I haven't had the urge to play around with it.

Can some please explain:rolleyes:

Thanx Jim

Physics news on Phys.org
Click the MULTI QUOTE button on every post you want to quote before hitting the QUOTE button on anyone of those posts.

FAQ: How to Multi-Quote a Post: Jim's Guide

1. What is multi-quoting and why is it useful?

Multi-quoting is the act of quoting multiple posts in a single reply. It allows you to easily reference and respond to multiple points made by different users in one cohesive response. This can save time and make discussions more organized.

2. How do I multi-quote a post?

To multi-quote a post, simply click on the "quote" button located at the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote. This will add the post's content to your reply box. You can then repeat this process for any additional posts you want to quote.

3. Can I multi-quote posts from different threads?

Yes, you can multi-quote posts from different threads. Simply open the threads you want to quote from in separate tabs or windows, and follow the same process of clicking the "quote" button for each post you want to include in your reply.

4. Is there a limit to how many posts I can multi-quote?

There is no limit to how many posts you can multi-quote in a single reply. However, it is recommended to keep your responses concise and only quote posts that are relevant to your reply.

5. Can I edit the multi-quote to only include specific parts of a post?

Yes, you can edit the multi-quote to only include specific parts of a post. Simply delete any parts of the quoted text that you do not want to include in your reply.