Quick Way to Fall Asleep: Tips to Hear Your Alarm

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about different ways to fall asleep, including establishing a consistent bedtime routine, taking sleeping aids, using alcohol as a sedative, and engaging in physical activity before bed. Some suggestions included reading, getting drunk, and using reverse psychology on the brain. However, others cautioned against using drugs and alcohol and emphasized the importance of getting a healthy amount of sleep.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Does anyone know of a quick way of falling asleep. I went to bed at like 4:00am yet wasn't able to get to actually sleep until like 5:30am. Anyone know a quick way to fall asleep that doesn't knock you out so badly that you don't hear your alarm clocks go off? ugh!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thinking of a very boring story or person! :zzz:

Pengwuino said:
Does anyone know of a quick way of falling asleep. I went to bed at like 4:00am yet wasn't able to get to actually sleep until like 5:30am. Anyone know a quick way to fall asleep that doesn't knock you out so badly that you don't hear your alarm clocks go off? ugh!
How much caffeinated stuff are you drinking during the day(or evening)? Could that be giving you a problem?

Relax... think nothing...

Sounds to me that you do not have a routine for sleeping.

I found the best way to fall asleep is to have a routine of going to bed at the same time everyday, and getting approx. the same amount of sleep everynight.

I always go to bed about 11-Midnight. It works great. If it was any earlier, I would have a hard time staying up past Midnight, which isn't good if you are out on Friday night.

bang your head against the nearest inelastic wall till you pass out

Sleep, she is for the weak.

AMBIEN!
As long as you get at least 6 hours of sleep, there's no grogginess (they say 8 hours, but I've been fine after only six). You need a prescription, but Dr's are happy to dispense this one. Bravo for drugs!

I heard that 8 hours of sleep is actually 20 % reduction of actual sleep our body needs, i.e. 10 hours. And let say you didnt sleep egnough today, for example, lack 2hours of sleep, you will have borrow sleeping time from ur tomorrow. And if the next day, u still lack of sleep, u will borrow more hours from the next next day. However, to return those borrow hours, you need to sleep more hours than you borrowed. If you continue borrowing the hours, your health will detoriate faster, age faster...

I like sleeping. I try to sleep through class whenever possible. Today, however, I was underslept and muddled, as a result I was very confused in math class (it was saddening). Which emphasizes the point I made - classtime is for sleeping. Soft pillows, or hard, convex polyhedra and their triangulations in n-space: you choose.

Whenever I can't sleep I just read some of your old posts.

Get Drunk!

brewnog said:
Get Drunk!
Actually yeah that works well. Just get really wasted and you'll pass right out. Of course, you'll also be vomiting a bit.

If you can sleep for 7-8hrs every night, I would try some sleeping aids, as I think someone already suggested, and then do what Jason says and sleep consistently. I personally go to be at around 11:30-midnight, and wake up just past 7am everyday and have no problem falling asleep. I used to have a problem going to be when I was not consistent.

If it's just getting to sleep, rather than staying that way, I've found that 2 or 3 ounces of scotch fired back as a shooter acts as a mild sedative. It doesn't seem to work if you just drink slowly.

I'm going to have to go with Danger's suggestion.

Well that better work, i don't want to get drunk for nothing.

Last edited:
quit smoking crack, close your eyes and lay down. see what happens

You could always try reverse psychology on your brain, try to stay awake (even though you are tired) until you eventually fall asleep.

don't do that. bad advice.
I tried using reverse psychology on my brain once and got caught. Me and my brain haven't talked since.

I think PF has an important role in falling asleep and our dreams. For a long time I just fell asleep 3 AM and then I had lots of crazy dreams.Not being able to sleep is better than having bad dreams. (dreaming about Danger's avatar or penguins!:grumpy: ) But believe it or not, when I wasn't much around, I fall asleep whenever I went to bed. BUT now I have insomnia again!:grumpy: :devil:

oh man come on guys :D I wanted to hear like "oh just mix tablespoon of lime juice, 10 g of sugar, 1/2 a cup of milk and drink up and you'll be out like a light" and not "bleh bleh bleh, quit smoking crack, stop drinking". I'll stop my drug habbits when I am good and ready :P

:tongue2:

This is pengwuino trying to sleep...

http://www.kidzone.ws/animals/penguins/macaroni.jpg

And I agree with Tribdog, no one likes a pipe hittin' penguin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino said:
oh man come on guys :D I wanted to hear like "oh just mix tablespoon of lime juice, 10 g of sugar, 1/2 a cup of milk and drink up and you'll be out like a light" and not "bleh bleh bleh, quit smoking crack, stop drinking". I'll stop my drug habbits when I am good and ready :P
:tongue2:

Actually it was quit smoking crack and START drinking. Alcohol is a depressant. As I always say, a bottle of rum a day keeps you passed out and vomiting, a state in which all other things that ail you don't really matter.

franznietzsche said:
Actually it was quit smoking crack and START drinking. Alcohol is a depressant. As I always say, a bottle of rum a day keeps you passed out and vomiting, a state in which all other things that ail you don't really matter.

Oh yah, you go to cal poly...

Pengwuino said:
Oh yah, you go to cal poly...

And finals are just a week away :mad:

And then I have to go back home :mad:

January needs to hurry up and get here.

eat a quarter gallon of ice cream, preferably rocky road, then run around the block while doing jumping jacks, quickly repaint a room in the house, book plane tickets online for Tanzania, and by then you should be sound asleep. Then to wake up the next morning, cancel the plane tickets, repaint the room back to the original color, and make a run to the grocery store. I've tried many things, but this always does the trick for me.

What is the "Quick Way to Fall Asleep" method?

The "Quick Way to Fall Asleep" method is a set of tips and techniques that can help you fall asleep faster and more deeply, while also ensuring that you wake up on time to the sound of your alarm.

Why is it important to hear my alarm?

Hearing your alarm is important because it ensures that you wake up on time and start your day off on the right foot. Oversleeping can lead to feeling groggy and unproductive, and can throw off your entire schedule.

What are some tips for falling asleep quickly?

Some tips for falling asleep quickly include creating a bedtime routine, avoiding caffeine and electronics before bed, and practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation. These can help relax your mind and body and make it easier to fall asleep.

How can I make sure I hear my alarm in the morning?

To ensure you hear your alarm, you can try placing it farther away from your bed so you have to physically get up to turn it off. You can also set multiple alarms or use a louder alarm sound. Additionally, practicing good sleep habits and getting enough rest can make it easier to wake up to your alarm.

Can the "Quick Way to Fall Asleep" method work for everyone?

While the tips in this method can be helpful for most people, it is important to remember that everyone's sleep patterns and habits are different. It may take some trial and error to find what works best for you. If you continue to struggle with falling asleep or waking up to your alarm, it may be helpful to consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice.