Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My theorem is right.

1. Aug 17, 2011 #1
    My theorem is right. "Inside a regular inscribed hexagon, the radius of the circle IS equal to the sides of the hexagon"

You can lock the thread, but poeple wanted to discuss this. Maybe it is 2000 years old and that's why it's still up for debate. Can we please discuss it? I said nothing of Pi.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2011 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Re: Censorship

Yes, it is true that the radius of a circle circumscribed about a regular hexagon, is the same as the side of the hexagon. Yes, you could phrase that as a "regularly inscribed hexagon" but it would be better to say "inscribed in a circle". And the word "Inside" confuses things greatly! And while you did not say anything about pi in the thread, the title, "Why pi is wrong" was questionable!

Now that we understand what you were saying, and agree that it is right, I see no reason to continue the thread.

4. Aug 17, 2011 #3

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

i thought this was going to be an application of linear algebra to censorship.

5. Aug 17, 2011 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

crocque, you were trolling us hard. We asked you multiple times to present all of your stuff, but you refused to do so. The lock was justified.

And by the way, we don't allow original research here...

6. Aug 17, 2011 #5

Okay, Micro. Let's not get our panties in a wad. No original research. No free thinking allowed.

7. Aug 17, 2011 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This is not about linear algebra.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook