Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mysterious floating drop down menus

1. Mar 2, 2005 #1

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When I scroll downward in PF...a whole bunch of drop down menus (white bars with blue boxes with arrows in them...just like the drop down menu to choose your font when you're posting a message) appear spontaneously one above the other (vertically aligned) floating in the middle of the screen. What's really scary is that I can click on the arrows and the menus drop down, but they are empty. And they are black, not white. The more I scroll down, the more appear.

:eek:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2005 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Which browser? Version?

- Warren

4. Mar 2, 2005 #3

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Internet Explorer 6.0...more or less

5. Mar 2, 2005 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

...More or less? If you have extensions or add-ons we probably can't diagnose anything.

- Warren

6. Mar 2, 2005 #5

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to suggest that I had all sorts of unofficial add ins. It's just that when I went to Help > About Internet Explorer, the version given there was kind of...convoluted: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

I went to program files and looked up the file version of the iexplore program by clicking on properties. It came up as just: 6.0.2900.2180

I hope this information is more useful.

7. Mar 2, 2005 #6

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've come back to PF...the "phenomenon" is no longer in evidence. That's wacky. I guess many people here are probably not even awake, let along online, So I'll shut up about it now...

8. Mar 2, 2005 #7
    IE unfortunately has many many bugs so it's not unlikely that IE tripped up and a restart fixed it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?