Name of tool and where i can buy

• Thread starter adam667
  • Start date
In summary, you are looking for a tool which will enable you to position pin extensions cables on any given IC of any size and number of pins, using different methods depending on the package the IC is in. There are a variety of options available, including dip adapters and IC Adapters.
adam667

Hi people, I am looking for a tool which enables you to position pin extensions cables on any given IC of any size and number of pins, ie you can wind up or down the pin separation length accordingly and then have the extensions connected to a control board which you can label each input output to enable me to get a "hands on" feel for the IC's functionality and perform experimentation with other components and different configurations etc

i don't know what this thing is called or where i get it and i just cannot be bother going all davinci and designing on when my current topic of interest is electronics

Engineering news on Phys.org
adam667 said:

Hi people, I am looking for a tool which enables you to position pin extensions cables on any given IC of any size and number of pins, ie you can wind up or down the pin separation length accordingly and then have the extensions connected to a control board which you can label each input output to enable me to get a "hands on" feel for the IC's functionality and perform experimentation with other components and different configurations etc

i don't know what this thing is called or where i get it and i just cannot be bother going all davinci and designing on when my current topic of interest is electronics

It's not entirely clear what you are looking for. What kind of ICs do you want to experiment with? What kind of packages are they in? Through-hole, surface mount, etc.?

You may be asking about breadboards like this:

http://www.reuk.co.uk/OtherImages/breadboard-used-for-electronic-circuit-design.jpg
breadboard-used-for-electronic-circuit-design.jpg

And if you want to experiment with surface-mount ICs, you may be able to use "Surfboards" to convert from SMT to through-hole so you can still use that breadboard:

http://www.alltronics.com/mas_assets/thumb/33310.jpg
33310.jpg

Or, you may be asking about IC Adapters, like the ones made by Emulation Technology Inc.:

http://www.emulationtechnology.com/...dapters/socketable_bug_katchers/plcc/41_R.jpg
41_R.jpg

1. What is the "Name of tool" used for?

The "Name of tool" is a versatile scientific instrument used for measuring various physical quantities such as temperature, pressure, and voltage.

2. Where can I buy the "Name of tool"?

The "Name of tool" can be purchased from various scientific equipment suppliers, both online and in physical stores. Some popular options include Amazon, Fisher Scientific, and Edmund Optics.

3. How accurate is the "Name of tool"?

The accuracy of the "Name of tool" depends on the specific model and brand. Generally, high-quality and more expensive models tend to have higher accuracy and precision. It is important to carefully research and compare different options before purchasing.

4. What is the price range for the "Name of tool"?

The price range for the "Name of tool" can vary greatly depending on the features, accuracy, and brand. Basic models can start at around $50, while more advanced models can cost upwards of $1000 or more.

5. Are there any maintenance or calibration requirements for the "Name of tool"?

Yes, like most scientific instruments, the "Name of tool" may require periodic maintenance and calibration to ensure accurate and reliable measurements. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines for proper maintenance and calibration procedures.