1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NASA prerequisites for engineering

1. Dec 26, 2004 #1
    Hi,

I have been looking through the main NASA site for an opportunity of working at NASA in the future. I have found the career that I found interesting: professional engineering. I have been informed that NASA is the best place to work and have always dreamed of going there myself to see what it is like being at NASA.

1) I would like to know what courses students entering university who consider working as a professional engineer at NASA should take in Canada.
    2) I would like to know if there are any other careers at NASA which seem to be lacking enough people.
    3) I would like to know which careers are currently advancing greatly and have a good future right now at NASA.

I wish to know what the difference between engineers and engineering directors is in terms of their daily tasks. Lastly, how far ahead should I be thinking and preparing for NASA?

Thank you very much,

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2004 #2
    From various teachers, I've been told that engineering directors just manage engineers. Long time engineers are usually "promoted" to director/manager. All engineers hate it because they like doing what they're good at, not managing people and playing personal politics. Of course, this is a rather unbalanced view, but if you stick a technically oriented person into what is basically a human resources position, they're not going to like it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?