Need a little help deciding on a schedule

• Thread starter Chunkysalsa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schedule
In summary, when deciding on a schedule, it is important to consider your priorities, daily responsibilities, energy levels, and long-term goals. It is recommended to aim for 6-8 hours of work or studying per day, but this may vary depending on personal preferences and needs. It is also important to schedule breaks throughout the day for improved productivity and to prevent burnout. Staying motivated can be achieved by aligning your schedule with your goals and priorities, breaking up tasks into smaller chunks, and rewarding yourself. Lastly, it is okay to adjust your schedule if it's not working for you in order to find what is most effective and sustainable.
Chunkysalsa
So I am an EE probably doing a math minor. So far my schedule for Fall is looking like this

Electronic Circuits I w/ Lab

This course covers basic electronic design techniques. Topics include operational amplifiers, diodes and transistors characteristics and applications, and analysis and design of amplifiers. Computer-aided tools in the design and analysis of electronic circuits are used.

Circuit Analysis II
This course provides further AC and DC circuit analysis methods. Topics include power analysis, frequency response, and two-port networks. Fourier analysis, laplace transform, and their applications to circuit analysis are covered and a computer-aided tool is used.

Modern Computational Methods
This course covers computational methods commonly used in engineering practice. An engineering analysis software package is used extensively in the study of algorithms and engineering numerical analysis.

Probability Statistics for Engineers
Linear AlgebraSo far that's what I've decided. However I'm also thinking of throwing in a proof writing class.

Foundations of Mathematics
This course provides a transition to higher mathematics with strong emphasis on proof writing skills. Topics include a brief introduction to logic, methods of proof, including mathematical induction, sets, countability and cardinality, functions and relations. Topics may also be chosen from calculus, number theory and abstract algebra.
That would bump me up to 20 credits, which sounds kinda insane to me. I don't exactly have the best study habits but I'm hoping taking a load like this sort of jump starts my engines. Also anybody know how hard those EE classes will be? The two circuits classes are what I'm worried about since I don't know anybody who's taken them. Also not to sure about that proof class, I hear its quite hard and sort of the jumping off point into higher mathematics which is something I want to explore.Any opinions or relevant anecdotes will be very appreciated. I realize your mileage may vary will be a common theme.

For reference I've made As in Calc I-II and a B in Physics I (one of only a couple that got a b) My current semester is as follows with expected grade

Physics II-B
Statics-A/B (only two tests so it could really go anywhere from here)
Calculus III A (100 on last test)
Ordinary Differential Equations -A (99 on last test)
Intro to Engy - A? (bs class so...)
and that's 17cr total.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd say go for it. 20 credits is a lot but if you can handle it, why not? The EE classes will be challenging, but if you've done well in your other technical classes then you should be fine. As for the proof writing class, it can be difficult but it really depends on how much effort you put in. With the right amount of time and dedication, you should be able to do well in the class. Good luck!

1. What factors should I consider when deciding on a schedule?

When deciding on a schedule, it is important to consider your priorities, daily responsibilities, and energy levels. You should also think about your long-term goals and what tasks or activities are most important to you.

2. How many hours should I schedule for work or studying?

The number of hours you schedule for work or studying will depend on your personal preferences and needs. It is important to find a balance that allows you to be productive without becoming overwhelmed or burnt out. Generally, most people aim for 6-8 hours of work or studying per day.

3. Should I schedule breaks in my day?

Yes, it is important to schedule breaks throughout your day to allow yourself time to recharge and refocus. Taking short breaks can actually improve productivity and prevent burnout. Try to schedule a short break every 1-2 hours.

4. How can I stay motivated to stick to my schedule?

Staying motivated can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do to help. First, make sure your schedule aligns with your goals and priorities. Also, try to break up tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. And don't forget to reward yourself for completing tasks or sticking to your schedule!

5. Is it okay to adjust my schedule if it's not working for me?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to adjust your schedule if it's not working for you. In fact, it's important to regularly reassess and make changes as needed to ensure your schedule is effective and sustainable. Don't be afraid to make adjustments and find what works best for you.