IR gun triggering a relay to turn on a light with manual reset

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Chadamis
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am designing a game where you would shoot an IR gun at an object that would turn a light on and stay on until manually reset. I don't know much about electronics and any help would be appreciated.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Chadamis said:
I am designing a game where you would shoot an IR gun at an object that would turn a light on and stay on until manually reset. I don't know much about electronics and any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the PF.

I goodled IR Receiver Module, and got lots of hits. You can buy the modules pre-built if you like, along with their IR transmitter mates. Here is a Google Images hit list:

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...5l4961l0l5133l22l21l2l6l6l0l172l1325l8.5l13l0

.