1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help finding a school for aerospace and astronautical engineering

1. Sep 15, 2012 #1
    What are some good schools for aerospace and astronautical engineering? I've heard that Embry-Riddle is good but I don't really know. I've looked at some cites and they all say different schools are good, but i just don't know. Anyone know anywhere I should look?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2012 #2
    Re: Need help finding a school PLEASE HELP

A question this general could easily get results from a google search. Questions like this are much more likely to get results if you post specifics; asking questions as vague as simply requesting lists of schools for aerospace engnieering could use some more focus. For example, asking people which school they'd recommend out of a list of engineering schools would probably get better results.

As for your question, these schools come to mind: Cal Poly, UC Davis, UC Irvine, MIT, Princeton, Penn State, Stanford, US Air Force Academy, University of Texas Austin. I'm sure there are plenty of others (get on Google).

4. Sep 17, 2012 #3
    Re: Need help finding a school PLEASE HELP

Ill do that, thanks. Any chance youve heard of embry-riddle?
    A couple places on google said theyre a good school ranked number 1 and others didnt rank them at all

5. Sep 17, 2012 #4
    I hadn't, so I looked it up. It's definitely not #1 by BS prestigious standards, but it'll definitely give you a very solid education in aeronautical engineering. Sounds like the primary purpose of the whole school is basically...well, aeronautical engineering haha. Can't go wrong with that.

6. Sep 17, 2012 #5
    Where do you live? If you live in Texas, there are several good schools, such as UT Austin and Texas A&M. If you live in California, think about some of the UC's. So on and so forth - look at what schools are in your state.

7. Sep 18, 2012 #6
    Thanks camjohn, i read some where that it was #1 but that was one site haha. And i live in Kansas, but I'll move anywhere for a good education

8. Sep 18, 2012 #7
    Oh, definitely check out Wichita State University. Their program is good, and since they're located in Wichita, they keep in intimate contact with the local aerospace businesses (Boeing, for example).

9. Sep 18, 2012 #8
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook