• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Need help finding a school for aerospace and astronautical engineering

• Thread starter VanHammer
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

What are some good schools for aerospace and astronautical engineering? I've heard that Embry-Riddle is good but I don't really know. I've looked at some cites and they all say different schools are good, but i just don't know. Anyone know anywhere I should look?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

A question this general could easily get results from a google search. Questions like this are much more likely to get results if you post specifics; asking questions as vague as simply requesting lists of schools for aerospace engnieering could use some more focus. For example, asking people which school they'd recommend out of a list of engineering schools would probably get better results.

As for your question, these schools come to mind: Cal Poly, UC Davis, UC Irvine, MIT, Princeton, Penn State, Stanford, US Air Force Academy, University of Texas Austin. I'm sure there are plenty of others (get on Google).

Ill do that, thanks. Any chance youve heard of embry-riddle?
A couple places on google said theyre a good school ranked number 1 and others didnt rank them at all

I hadn't, so I looked it up. It's definitely not #1 by BS prestigious standards, but it'll definitely give you a very solid education in aeronautical engineering. Sounds like the primary purpose of the whole school is basically...well, aeronautical engineering haha. Can't go wrong with that.

Where do you live? If you live in Texas, there are several good schools, such as UT Austin and Texas A&M. If you live in California, think about some of the UC's. So on and so forth - look at what schools are in your state.

Thanks camjohn, i read some where that it was #1 but that was one site haha. And i live in Kansas, but I'll move anywhere for a good education

Oh, definitely check out Wichita State University. Their program is good, and since they're located in Wichita, they keep in intimate contact with the local aerospace businesses (Boeing, for example).

Last edited by a moderator: