Need help finding a school for aerospace and astronautical engineering

In summary, some good schools for aerospace and astronautical engineering include: Cal Poly, UC Davis, UC Irvine, MIT, Princeton, Penn State, Stanford, US Air Force Academy, University of Texas Austin.
VanHammer
What are some good schools for aerospace and astronautical engineering? I've heard that Embry-Riddle is good but I don't really know. I've looked at some cites and they all say different schools are good, but i just don't know. Anyone know anywhere I should look?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

A question this general could easily get results from a google search. Questions like this are much more likely to get results if you post specifics; asking questions as vague as simply requesting lists of schools for aerospace engnieering could use some more focus. For example, asking people which school they'd recommend out of a list of engineering schools would probably get better results.

As for your question, these schools come to mind: Cal Poly, UC Davis, UC Irvine, MIT, Princeton, Penn State, Stanford, US Air Force Academy, University of Texas Austin. I'm sure there are plenty of others (get on Google).

Ill do that, thanks. Any chance youve heard of embry-riddle?
A couple places on google said theyre a good school ranked number 1 and others didnt rank them at all

I hadn't, so I looked it up. It's definitely not #1 by BS prestigious standards, but it'll definitely give you a very solid education in aeronautical engineering. Sounds like the primary purpose of the whole school is basically...well, aeronautical engineering haha. Can't go wrong with that.

Where do you live? If you live in Texas, there are several good schools, such as UT Austin and Texas A&M. If you live in California, think about some of the UC's. So on and so forth - look at what schools are in your state.

Thanks camjohn, i read some where that it was #1 but that was one site haha. And i live in Kansas, but I'll move anywhere for a good education

Oh, definitely check out Wichita State University. Their program is good, and since they're located in Wichita, they keep in intimate contact with the local aerospace businesses (Boeing, for example).

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is aerospace and astronautical engineering?

Aerospace and astronautical engineering is a specialized field of engineering that focuses on the design, development, and manufacturing of aircrafts, spacecrafts, and related systems. It involves a combination of principles from mechanical, electrical, and materials engineering to create vehicles that can operate efficiently and safely in the Earth's atmosphere and outer space.

2. What are the job prospects for graduates with a degree in aerospace and astronautical engineering?

The job prospects for graduates with a degree in aerospace and astronautical engineering are very promising. With the growth of the aerospace industry and the increasing demand for new technologies and designs, there is a high demand for skilled engineers in this field. Graduates can find employment in a variety of industries such as aerospace and defense, government agencies, and research institutions.

3. What are the top schools for aerospace and astronautical engineering?

Some of the top schools for aerospace and astronautical engineering include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), and University of Michigan. These schools have highly reputable programs and offer a wide range of courses and opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience.

4. What are the key factors to consider when choosing a school for aerospace and astronautical engineering?

When choosing a school for aerospace and astronautical engineering, some key factors to consider are the program's accreditation, industry partnerships, research opportunities, faculty expertise, and career services. It is also important to consider the location and the cost of tuition and living expenses.

5. Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for students pursuing a degree in aerospace and astronautical engineering?

Yes, there are various scholarships and financial aid options available for students pursuing a degree in aerospace and astronautical engineering. Many universities offer merit-based scholarships and fellowships for high-achieving students. Additionally, there are external scholarships and grants available from organizations such as the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE).