Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help finding an oscilloscope

1. Feb 22, 2012 #1
    Hi guys, I am in the market looking for an oscilloscope, but I am having trouble looking for one.

Here`s what I require:

At least 2 channel (4 would be better but not required)
    Able to record the reading
    at least 50 MHz
    Be able to output stored readings(this is the part I am having a hard time doing).
    Hopefully under $1000 all said and done

I want to be able to use this tool for diagnosing electrical components and learn (play) more about electrical components, mainly automotive related.

Say for example, I have a magnetic pickup sensor, I want to be able to test it. Store the data, output the store data to the computer.

Thank you very much. I have found this forum with many learning information.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2012 #2
    Oh I forgot. It is mainly low voltage application. 0 - 15 V

4. Feb 22, 2012 #3

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Used to be boards that plug into a PC slot to give it o'scope capacity.
    oh my goodness now they've got it for USB !!

http://www.usbee.com/

i'm a model T in a Prius world.

5. Feb 22, 2012 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

You'll also find some helpful info in the "Related Threads" links at the bottom of the page here in your thread.

6. Feb 27, 2012 #5
    I could check out http://www.bncscientific.com and see what they have. I think they carry Rigol, but their stuff isn't overly expensive. You can usually get something of pretty good quality for cheap.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook