Need Help Fixing Plasma Tv Please?

• Thread starter slee95
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plasma
In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for help fixing their free Samsung PN50A450P1D plasma TV which has a pink screen with a little haze. The person has checked the boards inside and found no issues, but one board has a green blinking light. They have searched online for solutions and found a manual and forums discussing similar issues. They also mention using a voltmeter and searching for the part numbers of the circuit boards. The person wishes good luck and provides a personal experience with finding replacement circuit boards.
slee95
Need Help Fixing Plasma Tv... Please?

Got it for free it a samsung pn50a450p1d. The tv works fine except it screen color is pink with a little haze, can this be fixed?

Engineering news on Phys.org
It could be due to a whole number of reasons. I think it is why you got the TV for free. TV repair is expensive these days because they only change boards and will not delve into the component level. Is it too bad to live with? If there's just a bit of pink colour caste, there may be a tint control in the Picture menu.

Sorry it took me awhile to reply. I opened the back off the boards look fine no singe marks or blown capacitors. I blew the words off with canned air there seemed to be very little dust. The one board does of a green blinking light though.

try searching on your model number and symptom.

Typing this string into Bing
samsung pn50a450p1d pink screen

returned a manual and some forums where folks discuss their repairs.. looks like pink might be some sort of screen burn protection scheme...

ecoustics.com was help to me a few years back.

Typing in the part numbers of the circuit boards sometimes finds interesting sites.

I did google samsung pn50a450p1d pink screen and got nothing i can try googling that board that has a green blinking light.

Here is the e-coustics thread that helped me:
http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/698896.html

probably there's a thread there for your set or one similar, look through herehttp://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/15130.html
poke at it with your voltmeter
and pay attention to the names of test points on the PC boards

search on part numbers of your circuit boards
mine were for sale all over ebay
but I think I found the place in Atlanta where everybody buys them to resell on ebay. I felt safer there.

good luck, old jim

Likes 1 person

1. How much will it cost to fix my plasma TV?

The cost of fixing a plasma TV can vary greatly depending on the specific issue and the brand of the TV. It is best to consult a professional repair technician for an accurate estimate.

2. Is it better to repair or replace a broken plasma TV?

This ultimately depends on the extent of the damage and the cost of the repair. If the cost of repairing the TV is close to or more than the cost of a new TV, it may be more cost-effective to replace it. However, if the repair cost is significantly lower, it may be worth fixing the TV.

3. How long does it take to fix a plasma TV?

The time it takes to fix a plasma TV can vary depending on the issue and the availability of parts. Simple repairs may only take a few hours, while more complex issues may require several days or even weeks.

4. Can I fix my plasma TV myself?

Unless you have experience and knowledge in electronics and TV repair, it is not recommended to try and fix a plasma TV yourself. These TVs are complex and delicate, and attempting to repair them without proper knowledge and tools can lead to further damage.

5. How can I prevent my plasma TV from breaking again?

To prevent your plasma TV from breaking, make sure to handle it carefully and avoid any physical impact or damage. Avoid placing it in areas with extreme temperatures or humidity, and make sure to keep it clean and dust-free. It is also a good idea to have a surge protector to protect the TV from power surges. Regular maintenance and routine check-ups can also help prevent any potential issues from developing.