Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help learning about ballistic trajectory for a game

1. Jul 20, 2005 #1
    Me and a friend are trying to write a Scorched Earth game clone and we're trying to figure out an algorithm to calculate ballistic trajectory (factoring in gravity and wind).

I'm not very good at physics what-so-ever, but I've managed to make an algorithm for projectile trajectory (with gravity) from this page but it doesn't factor in wind resistance and I'm not sure the gravity part of the equation is even correct.

Can anybody point me in the right direction on learning about this kind of stuff?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2005 #2
    I saw book at the bookstore called "The Physics of Gaming" or "Physics for Game Programmers" or something similar to that. It should still be around at any major book store.
  4. Jul 20, 2005 #3
    why don't you first tell us the equation your using.
  5. Jul 20, 2005 #4

Gold Member

There've been a couple of previous threads dealing with this. I direct you to this one as the most recent. Part-way down, Pervect has provided a link to a very detailed site that can probably handle all of your questions.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?