Trajectory of a Projectile that must clear an obstruction

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 24K views
tchpowdog said:
Now I have my parabolic equation. From this, I find the tangent line at point ##(x_1,y_1)## by taking the derivative of my equation, finding the slope, pluggin that back, etc. From here, I can calculate an angle ∅ of the initial trajectory.

What do you do in the "ect"? I'm trying to make a tennis game and i was trying to understand how dows this works but it is hard... If you could help me I would appreciate it very much!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
J0TA said:
What do you do in the "ect"? I'm trying to make a tennis game and i was trying to understand how dows this works but it is hard... If you could help me I would appreciate it very much!
Are you the guy that commented on my YouTube video?

The "etc" part is solving for Y (which gives you the magnitude of the force needed). I will try to zip my Unity project up and send it to you somehow. It will be later today or tomorrow. I am having surgery in about 2 hours, so I will be in pain for a while.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: J0TA
OMG Thank you very very much! Hope your surgery went well
 
tchpowdog said:
Are you the guy that commented on my YouTube video?

The "etc" part is solving for Y (which gives you the magnitude of the force needed). I will try to zip my Unity project up and send it to you somehow. It will be later today or tomorrow. I am having surgery in about 2 hours, so I will be in pain for a while.
I don't wat to pressure you and hope you recovered fine but are you still going to share your project? It would help me a lot!
 
tchpowdog said:
Are you the guy that commented on my YouTube video?

The "etc" part is solving for Y (which gives you the magnitude of the force needed). I will try to zip my Unity project up and send it to you somehow. It will be later today or tomorrow. I am having surgery in about 2 hours, so I will be in pain for a while.

Could you just say anything please?
 
you didn't replied for a month... if you see this pleeeeese send me your Unity progect to joaonunodiasleitao@gmail.com! I tried to recriate it but i coundn't make the same effect... Hope you recovered well from your surgery!
 
tchpowdog said:
Are you the guy that commented on my YouTube video?

The "etc" part is solving for Y (which gives you the magnitude of the force needed). I will try to zip my Unity project up and send it to you somehow. It will be later today or tomorrow. I am having surgery in about 2 hours, so I will be in pain for a while.
tchpowdog said:
Are you the guy that commented on my YouTube video?

The "etc" part is solving for Y (which gives you the magnitude of the force needed). I will try to zip my Unity project up and send it to you somehow. It will be later today or tomorrow. I am having surgery in about 2 hours, so I will be in pain for a while.
tchpowdog said:
Are you the guy that commented on my YouTube video?

The "etc" part is solving for Y (which gives you the magnitude of the force needed). I will try to zip my Unity project up and send it to you somehow. It will be later today or tomorrow. I am having surgery in about 2 hours, so I will be in pain for a while.
You didn't replied for a month... if you see this pleeeeese send me your Unity progect to joaonunodiasleitao@gmail.com! I tried to recriate it but i coundn't make the same effect... Hope you recovered well from your surgery!