Need help with basic confidence interval question - TI 84 Plus

In summary, a confidence interval is a range of values used in statistics to estimate the true population parameter based on a sample of data. To calculate a confidence interval using a TI 84 Plus calculator, input the sample mean, sample standard deviation, sample size, and desired confidence level. The confidence level represents the probability that the true population parameter falls within the interval. It cannot be used to make predictions about individual data points. A confidence interval can be interpreted as a range of values likely to contain the true population parameter, with wider intervals indicating less precise estimates and narrower intervals indicating more precise estimates.
smaan
Hello,

I need help using my TI 84 to figure out this 4 part question. My professor went over it way to quickly in class, when showing us how to do it on the TI 84, I believe its only a few quick steps for each part though.

EDIT: I have figured out part d, but am still struggling with parts a, b, and c.

http://imgur.com/981NWfD

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

smaan

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

What is a confidence interval?

A confidence interval is a range of values within which the true population parameter is likely to fall. It is used in statistics to estimate the population parameter based on a sample of data.

How do I calculate a confidence interval using a TI 84 Plus calculator?

To calculate a confidence interval using a TI 84 Plus calculator, you will need to input the sample mean, sample standard deviation, sample size, and the desired confidence level. The calculator will then provide you with the upper and lower bounds of the confidence interval.

What is the significance of the confidence level in a confidence interval?

The confidence level represents the probability that the true population parameter falls within the calculated confidence interval. A higher confidence level means that there is a higher probability that the true population parameter falls within the interval.

Can I use a confidence interval to make predictions about individual data points?

No, a confidence interval cannot be used to make predictions about individual data points. It is used to estimate the population parameter and to provide a range of values within which the true parameter is likely to fall.

How can I interpret a confidence interval?

A confidence interval can be interpreted as a range of values that is likely to contain the true population parameter. The wider the interval, the less precise the estimate, and the narrower the interval, the more precise the estimate.