Need help with MOSFET circuit question (multiple choice).

In summary, a student is seeking help with a circuit problem and has provided the relevant information such as the homework statement, equations, and their attempt at a solution. They mention having a hard time starting the problem and provide some additional details about the circuit parameters.
Fjolvar
Hello all. It's been awhile since I took a circuits class, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Homework Statement

See attachment for circuit drawing and question.

Homework Equations

OHM's law? V=IR
Idiode = Io - id

The Attempt at a Solution

I've tried to approach this problem, but having a hard time starting it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 502
Physics news on Phys.org
Fjolvar said:
Hello all. It's been awhile since I took a circuits class, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Homework Statement

See attachment for circuit drawing and question.

Homework Equations

OHM's law? V=IR
Idiode = Io - id

The Attempt at a Solution

I've tried to approach this problem, but having a hard time starting it.

Try to eliminate the bad choices.
It's 100V, the diode is not conducting, so all the Mosfet drain current goes to the load.

1. What is a MOSFET circuit?

A MOSFET circuit is an electronic circuit that uses metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) as the main component. These transistors are used to control the flow of current in a circuit, making them useful in a variety of applications such as amplifiers, switches, and digital logic circuits.

2. How does a MOSFET circuit work?

A MOSFET circuit works by using the voltage applied to the gate terminal of the MOSFET to control the flow of current between the source and drain terminals. When the voltage on the gate is above a certain threshold, the MOSFET turns on and allows current to flow, and when the voltage is below the threshold, the MOSFET turns off and blocks current flow.

3. What are the advantages of using a MOSFET circuit?

MOSFET circuits have several advantages, including high switching speeds, low power consumption, and high input impedance. They are also smaller in size compared to other types of transistors, making them ideal for use in integrated circuits.

4. What are the different types of MOSFET circuits?

There are several types of MOSFET circuits, including enhancement mode MOSFETs, depletion mode MOSFETs, and insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs). Each type has its own unique characteristics and is used in different applications.

5. How can I troubleshoot a MOSFET circuit that is not working?

If a MOSFET circuit is not working, it could be due to a number of reasons, such as incorrect wiring, faulty components, or incorrect biasing. To troubleshoot, start by checking the wiring and connections, then test the components to ensure they are functioning properly. If the issue persists, consult a professional or refer to the manufacturer's instructions for further assistance.