1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with some problems

1. Jan 30, 2007 #1
    hey guys i need help with this problem i tried to figure the out but most are homogeneous equations so i dont even know how to start and the newtons law of cooling i have no idea wut to do .thanks

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2007 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Welcome to the forums aparra2. Firstly, please note that all homework/textbook questions like this should be posted in the homework forums. Also note that you need to show your work before we can help you- forum rules.

For this question, your image is not clear, and I can't quite read the questions. Perhaps you could type the equations out? If you do, then I may be able to give you hints; but are you sure you don't know where to start? What do you know about how to solve these type of equations?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  4. Jan 30, 2007 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Is the first equation
    [tex]p\frac{dp}{dt}= 1+ x+ 2y+ 2xy[/tex]?
    If so, are we to treat y as a constant?

Is the second equation
    [tex](1+ x^2)\frac{dp}{dx}+ 4xp= \frac{1}{1+x^2}[/tex]?
    If so, that is a linear equation. There is a standard formula for finding an "integrating factor". Do you know it?

Is the third equation
    [tex](p+ t^2y)\frac{dy}{dx}= 2tdt[/tex]?
    If so can we treat p as a constant?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?