1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with this Gas Dynamic Project

1. Sep 6, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A 2-D nozzle shown in picture 1 is to be analyzed. The nozzle is working with critical condition at
    the throat.
    I haven attached a Pdf and .jpg file for the figure
    ReD* :230000
    D* :6mm
    T0 :300 K
    Diffusor half angle : 3°
    Diffusor lenght :7D
    Medium :Air
    Κ :1,4
    R :287 J/kgK
    μ0 :18,6.10-6 Pas
    ρ0 :1,2 kg/m³

2. Relevant equations
    By using the following equations
    m/A=P0√κ/√RT0(1+κ−1/2M2)κ+12(κ−1) (1)
    ReDx= 4m/∏Dx ν (2)

3. The attempt at a solution
    I have no idea how to solve analytically please guide me

1) Solve analyticaly the 1st, 2nd and 3rd critical poit. Choose a pressure ratio for a
    shock in the diffusor part. Solve all the values (p, T) for the exit. Put the values in to
    starCCM+ and compare your analytical results with the results from starCCM+.
    2) Solve the location of the shock and compare the position from your result with
    starCCM+.
    3) Plot all the pressure distributions from starCCM+ along the axis in one graph. (p/p0
    vs position).
    4) Compare the time averaged massflowrate with the theoretical massflow. Do you
    have some differences.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

4. Sep 16, 2014 #3
    well i have uploaded the complete question detail more i could say is it is a convergent divergent nozzle this question is basically from gas dynamics convergent divergent nozzle topic

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted