How Do You Analyze a 2-D Nozzle Operating at Critical Condition?

In summary, the conversation discusses the analysis of a 2-D nozzle that is working under critical conditions. The given parameters and equations are to be used to solve for the critical points and pressure distribution, and compare the results with those obtained from starCCM+. The main goal is to analyze the performance of the nozzle and compare it with theoretical values. The nozzle is a convergent-divergent type and the question is from the topic of gas dynamics.
Maven.sharma

Homework Statement

A 2-D nozzle shown in picture 1 is to be analyzed. The nozzle is working with critical condition at
the throat.
I haven attached a Pdf and .jpg file for the figure
ReD* :230000
D* :6mm
T0 :300 K
Diffusor half angle : 3°
Diffusor length :7D
Medium :Air
Κ :1,4
R :287 J/kgK
μ0 :18,6.10-6 Pas
ρ0 :1,2 kg/m³

Homework Equations

By using the following equations
m/A=P0√κ/√RT0(1+κ−1/2M2)κ+12(κ−1) (1)
ReDx= 4m/∏Dx ν (2)

The Attempt at a Solution

I have no idea how to solve analytically please guide me

1) Solve analyticaly the 1st, 2nd and 3rd critical poit. Choose a pressure ratio for a
shock in the diffusor part. Solve all the values (p, T) for the exit. Put the values in to
starCCM+ and compare your analytical results with the results from starCCM+.
2) Solve the location of the shock and compare the position from your result with
starCCM+.
3) Plot all the pressure distributions from starCCM+ along the axis in one graph. (p/p0
vs position).
4) Compare the time averaged massflowrate with the theoretical massflow. Do you
have some differences.

Attachments

• gd_project1.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 276
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 341
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

well i have uploaded the complete question detail more i could say is it is a convergent divergent nozzle this question is basically from gas dynamics convergent divergent nozzle topic

1. What is a gas dynamic project?

A gas dynamic project is a scientific research project that involves the study of the behavior and properties of gases in motion, such as air flow, pressure, and temperature changes.

2. How do I approach a gas dynamic project?

To approach a gas dynamic project, you should first identify the specific problem or question you want to investigate. Then, gather relevant data and use mathematical equations and models to analyze and interpret the results.

3. What are some common applications of gas dynamics?

Gas dynamics has many practical applications, such as designing efficient engines for cars and airplanes, understanding the effects of air pollution, and improving the performance of rockets and missiles.

4. What are some key principles of gas dynamics?

Some key principles of gas dynamics include the conservation of mass, momentum, and energy, the ideal gas law, and the Bernoulli's equation. These principles help explain the behavior of gases in different situations.

5. How can I improve my understanding of gas dynamics?

You can improve your understanding of gas dynamics by studying relevant mathematical concepts, conducting experiments, and reading scientific literature on the subject. It can also be helpful to seek guidance from experienced researchers or attend workshops and conferences related to gas dynamics.

Back