1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Physics Senior Project ideas!

1. Mar 15, 2010 #1
    Problem:
    I have to do a required senior project for high school. My topic is the general physics behind deep space travel. (like humans traveling to other solar systems in reasonable time).
    I need to do a project on it but do not know what exactly to do. Please Give Me Ideas!

Basically, I would like to build a warp drive for a spaceship. I obviously can't do this but thats the kind of thing i would like to do. Keep this in mind when thinking of other ideas.

Please Help!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2010 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

Are you doing the project on deep space travel or interstellar travel? "Deep space" usually refers to the far reaches of the solar system, not to other stars.

If you're actually researching interstellar travel, try Wiki'ing these to get you started:

Interstellar travel
    Project Orion
    Solar sail
    Generation ship
    Bussard ramjet

4. Mar 16, 2010 #3
    Yeah, I'm researching Interstellar Travel

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook