Need resources to learn Tensors quick

In summary, for those looking to quickly learn about tensors, there are multiple resources available. Online tutorials and courses, such as those on Coursera or YouTube, offer comprehensive lessons and exercises. Additionally, books like "Tensors Made Easy with Solved Examples" and "Introduction to Tensor Calculus and Continuum Mechanics" provide in-depth explanations and examples. For a more interactive learning experience, there are also workshops and seminars offered by universities and organizations. With these resources, one can gain a solid understanding of tensors and their applications in a timely manner.
xdrgnh
Anyone have a good introduction to Tensor PDF I can read. I don't want to read a 100 pages on Tensors. I'm looking for a short but in depth introduction to tensors. Anyone have any suggestions.

Physics news on Phys.org
how about this pdf:

http://www.ce.udel.edu/faculty/kaliakin/appendix_tensors.pdf

Good start thanks but if it could be a little more in depth then that. I need to be prepared for basic GR and self interaction

Maybe chapter 1 of http://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/poisson/research/agr.pdf.

These are perfect thank you both.

atyy said:
Maybe chapter 1 of http://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/poisson/research/agr.pdf.
Do you have a link to another format? this one doesn't work for me

Never mind..already have that pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe its my os, windows 8?

Tensors only became tractable to me once I read lots of solutions involving the manipulation of index notation tensors; I found it most useful to play around with traditional matrix notation, and then try to do it with tensors, even basic things like taking products of two by twos and what have you. After that, reading about it from a top down point of view caused everything to click.

Last edited:
i just love gr and tensors in general

FAQ: Need resources to learn Tensors quick

What are Tensors?

Tensors are mathematical objects used to describe the relationships between different sets of data. They are commonly used in fields such as physics, engineering, and machine learning.

Why is it important to learn Tensors?

Tensors are a powerful tool for understanding and analyzing complex data. They can help with tasks such as data compression, pattern recognition, and predicting future outcomes.

What resources are available for learning Tensors?

There are many online courses, tutorials, and books available for learning Tensors. Some popular resources include the TensorFlow website, the Deep Learning Book by Yoshua Bengio, Ian Goodfellow, and Aaron Courville, and the Coursera course "Introduction to TensorFlow for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning."

How long does it take to learn Tensors?

The amount of time it takes to learn Tensors will depend on your prior knowledge and experience with math and programming. However, with dedication and practice, it is possible to gain a foundational understanding of Tensors in a few weeks.

What are some tips for learning Tensors quickly?

Here are a few tips for learning Tensors quickly:

• Start with the basics: Make sure you have a solid understanding of linear algebra and calculus before diving into Tensors.
  • Practice coding: Tensors are often used in programming, so it's important to have some coding experience. Practice writing code to manipulate and analyze Tensors.
  • Explore real-world applications: Tensors are used in a wide variety of fields, so it can be helpful to see how they are applied in real-world scenarios.
  • Join a community: There are many online communities and forums dedicated to machine learning and Tensors. Joining one can provide support and opportunities for learning from others.
Back