Need some help on my resume. any advice would be appreciated

• Job Skills
  • Thread starter youngthegiant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resume
In summary, the conversation discusses tips for improving a low GPA and suggestions for improving a resume. The conversation includes advice for including a statement about the desired position, tailoring the resume for each job application, and correcting any grammatical mistakes. There is also a suggestion to include a section for career objectives and to pay attention to formatting and appearance of the resume. Additionally, it is mentioned that GPA is not the only factor in getting a job and it is important to showcase skills and include references in the resume.
youngthegiant
http://imgur.com/6R4N1

I know my gpa is low and I'm thinking about taking it out. Any tips would be great! Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Under the name, you should have a short statement about what position you are looking for. e.g. "Doctoral position in XXXXX" with a blurb about the project.

You need to relate it directly to each project you apply for.

Dont forget to include your contacts as well, include phone no., email, address, etc.

What is 'lab techniques' and 'vibration' under coursework? Better omit that or state the title of your course, e.g. experimental physics.

I suggest putting in a section for "career objective" as well. And also correct for some grammatical mistakes.

There is some inconsistent formatting throughout the document. The top section looks a little crowded to me and I would space it out a little bit. The general look and appearance will be your potential employers first impression. Also, if you don't already, I would recommend using a tailored cover letter for each job application. I found doing this to be more beneficial than sending out a hundred resumes to a hundred different companies.

thanks for the tips. I have taken out the course work part and condensed it a little more. here's what i changed it to.

and this is just a general resume.I will tailor it depending on what type of position i am applying for

http://i.imgur.com/mExUA.png

GPA means Grade point average is not major factor for get a job. Create your resume welly and represent your skill and put your references.

FAQ: Need some help on my resume. any advice would be appreciated

1. How do I make my resume stand out?

There are a few key things you can do to make your resume stand out. First, be sure to tailor your resume to the specific job you are applying for by highlighting relevant skills and experiences. Additionally, use concise and impactful language, and consider using a unique design or format to make your resume visually appealing.

2. What information should I include in my resume?

Your resume should include your contact information, work experience, education, relevant skills, and any additional relevant information such as certifications or volunteer experience. Be sure to also include any achievements or accomplishments that demonstrate your skills and qualifications.

3. How long should my resume be?

Generally, a resume should be no longer than one to two pages. This will ensure that it is concise and easy for potential employers to read. However, if you have a lot of experience or relevant information, it is acceptable to go slightly over two pages.

4. Should I include a cover letter with my resume?

It is always a good idea to include a cover letter with your resume. This gives you the opportunity to expand on your qualifications and explain why you are the best fit for the job. It also shows that you are genuinely interested in the position and have taken the time to personalize your application.

5. How often should I update my resume?

You should update your resume whenever you gain new skills, experiences, or achievements that are relevant to the job you are applying for. It is also a good idea to review and update your resume at least once a year, even if you are not currently job searching, to ensure that it is up to date and ready to use when needed.