1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job Skills Need some help on my resume. any advice would be appreciated!

1. Jun 22, 2012 #1
    http://imgur.com/6R4N1

I know my gpa is low and i'm thinking about taking it out. Any tips would be great! Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2012 #2
    Under the name, you should have a short statement about what position you are looking for. e.g. "Doctoral position in XXXXX" with a blurb about the project.

You need to relate it directly to each project you apply for.

4. Jun 22, 2012 #3
    Dont forget to include your contacts as well, include phone no., email, address, etc.

What is 'lab techniques' and 'vibration' under coursework? Better omit that or state the title of your course, e.g. experimental physics.

I suggest putting in a section for "career objective" as well. And also correct for some grammatical mistakes.

5. Jun 22, 2012 #4
    There is some inconsistent formatting throughout the document. The top section looks a little crowded to me and I would space it out a little bit. The general look and appearance will be your potential employers first impression. Also, if you don't already, I would recommend using a tailored cover letter for each job application. I found doing this to be more beneficial than sending out a hundred resumes to a hundred different companies.

6. Jun 24, 2012 #5
    thanks for the tips. I have taken out the course work part and condensed it a little more. here's what i changed it to.

and this is just a general resume.I will tailor it depending on what type of position i am applying for

http://i.imgur.com/mExUA.png

7. Jul 7, 2012 #6
    GPA means Grade point average is not major factor for get a job. Create your resume welly and represent your skill and put your references.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook