Where Can I Find an Algorithm Programmer for Number Manipulation Software?

• Thread starter Rmbha
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algorithm
In summary, the person is looking for software that can manipulate three to six digit sets of numbers to a desired value. They are having difficulty finding anyone to help them and are concerned that the project is too difficult.
Rmbha
First of all, I have no idea what I'm doing. I need to know how to find someone to create software that will take millions of numbers divided into 3 to 6 digit sets and manipulate the numbers in certain sets to a desired value.

Technology news on Phys.org
What exactly is your goal? What are you trying to do?

Someone has software that is able to do what I stated above. I need someone to create that software.

I'm not making any sense

It would help if you could elaborate on what you're doing with these numbers other than saying that there will be some sort of calculation or manipulation. This is so broad that it is essentially impossible to help you.

Also please be aware that PF is not a job recruiting site.

Likes jtbell
I'm just trying to see if anyone knows if it can be done because I can't find anyone. Maybe this is better in a simple example...if you have an end result, can you go in reverse and create a program to produce it without knowing exactly how it was done? In other words, can you retrace the steps?

Cornell has developed an AI program that can take test data and reverse it to get an equation that generates it.

In one case, they successfully determined the equations of motion for a compound pendulum given a fair amount of recorded data on its movement.

https://www.wired.com/2009/04/Newtonai/

That's what I needed. I don't even know if I can find someone because it is so complex.

Where should I look?

One caveat with the AI program is that once youve gotten the equations from your data for your system, if you want to publish a paper on it you'll have to explain the equations.

This happened to a biology team who couldn't make sense of their data. The program correctly determined the equations that described the biological system they were studying but they couldn't publish a paper because they couldn't explain the equation from first principles.

Well, that's going to be a problem. It was some kind of elaborate government software. You want to take that on!

I will try. I've tried Notre Dame, I.U. and Purdue. I don't think anyone will touch it.

I think I figured out something I wasn't supposed to.

Rmbha said:
I think I figured out something I wasn't supposed to.

Huh? You're being very cryptic here.

If this something that you'd rather not discuss or is some sort of personal theory then its best not to post any more about it. We focus on mainstream science and math and don't discuss personal theories or speculative science.

Likes Nidum
It's very difficult. Have you heard someone say "prove proof"?

I have the math.

Can you figure probability with numbers?

Can anyone tell me the mathematical odds of having a set of numbers like this:

4 same digits, 1 unique in different order.

Thread will remain locked.

Likes jedishrfu and Nidum

1. What is an algorithm programmer?

An algorithm programmer is a professional who designs, creates, and implements algorithms - a set of step-by-step instructions for solving a problem or completing a task - using computer programming languages.

2. What skills are needed to become an algorithm programmer?

To become an algorithm programmer, one needs to have a strong understanding of computer science and programming principles, as well as proficiency in programming languages such as Java, C++, and Python. Good analytical and problem-solving skills are also essential.

3. What is the importance of algorithm programmers?

Algorithm programmers play a crucial role in the development of technology and computer systems. They are responsible for designing efficient and effective algorithms that drive the software and systems we use in our daily lives. Without them, our technology would not be as advanced as it is today.

4. What are some examples of algorithms created by algorithm programmers?

Some common examples of algorithms created by algorithm programmers include sorting algorithms, search algorithms, encryption algorithms, and machine learning algorithms. These algorithms are used in various applications, such as web search engines, social media platforms, and virtual assistants.

5. How can I become a successful algorithm programmer?

To become a successful algorithm programmer, one needs to continuously update their knowledge and skills in computer science and programming. It is also essential to have a strong understanding of the problem-solving process and be able to think critically. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important for collaborating with other programmers and stakeholders.