Needing some help synchroniozing panel

• Thread starter megatronic
  • Start date
In summary, the synchronizing panel contains a number of generators and there are two cases that can occur with these generators: standby generator synchronizing and duty generator synchronizing. The standby generator is used when there is a problem with one of the panels, causing the generator supplying that panel to stop. The exact type of problem that can cause a generator to stop is difficult to list, as there are many potential faults that can occur in the control panel or other components. This information was requested by someone who had heard about these cases from an engineer but did not fully understand them.
megatronic
Synchronizing panel contains of number of generators, and there is some cases of these generators

- standby generator synchronizing
- duty generator synchronizing

could anybody provide me with the information for these cases?

thank you,

Engineering news on Phys.org
What information do you need?

yes...I'll clarify my quiry

e.g. if we have five generators each on supply one panel and all are running in this case (all generators are in duty case), but if there is a problem occur in one panel the generator supplies this spacific panel will stop and it is become standby generator.

I want to know the following:
- is the previous description correct?
- what is the type of problem that causes generator to stop?

i hope my quiry this time is clear...

thank you

Hmm, not totally sure I understand, try this:

Your example doesn't sound quite right; if one engine stopped (due to an electrical or mechanical fault), the engine won't "become a standby generator", it will just stop and the remaining four engines will typically pick up the extra load (or not, depending on configuration).

There are dozens of faults which could potentially cause a generator to stop; even if you rule out problems with the engine, alternator and switchgear, there are so many components in the control panel alone that it's impossible to list all failure modes here!

Have you had a specific problem that you're trying to solve?

thank you "brewnog" for your response...

actually, I don't have a specific problem. however, I had a meeting with some engineers in my company and one of thim mentioned these two cases. I didn't understand what did he mean I asked him and his description was similar as what I mentioned here. After his description, still i didn't get it, I tried to get the clarification from outher source but I didin't reach to any result.

that's what made me to but my quiry here.

any way thank you brewnog

1. What is "Needing some help synchronizing panel"?

"Needing some help synchronizing panel" refers to the process of aligning and coordinating the different panels or components of a system or device. This is important in ensuring that all parts are working together efficiently and effectively.

2. Why is synchronizing panel important?

Synchronizing panel is important because it ensures that all components of a system are working together in harmony. This not only improves the overall performance and efficiency of the system, but also reduces the risk of malfunctions or breakdowns due to misalignment or lack of coordination.

3. What are the common methods used for synchronizing panel?

The most common methods used for synchronizing panel include manual synchronization, where the panels are manually adjusted to be in sync, and automatic synchronization, where a control system is used to automatically adjust the panels to achieve synchronization.

4. How do you troubleshoot synchronization issues with a panel?

To troubleshoot synchronization issues with a panel, it is important to first identify the specific component or panel that is causing the problem. This can be done through visual inspection or by using diagnostic tools. Once the issue is identified, it can be addressed by adjusting or replacing the faulty component.

5. What are the potential consequences of not synchronizing a panel?

If a panel is not synchronized, it can lead to various issues such as reduced efficiency, increased wear and tear on the system, and potential malfunctions or breakdowns. It can also cause safety hazards if the system is not functioning properly. Therefore, it is important to regularly check and maintain synchronization of panels to avoid these consequences.