Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Layout reading threads

1. Oct 12, 2014 #1

Maylis

Gold Member

I don't know if anyone else has the same opinion as me, but it seems with the new PF 4.0, the color scheme makes it much harder on the eyes to read. I think what you guys had years ago with the green/gray color layout seemed to read quite nice.

The layout just seems clunky to me.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2014 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Hm ... I think of it as my job to be a pain in the ass to Greg and complain about everything I can think of about the forum, but you've lost me on that one. I like the new layout.

4. Oct 12, 2014 #3

Maylis

Gold Member

I think I liked the green/gray color scheme instead of white, the one from years back, probably around 2008

5. Oct 12, 2014 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

That's quite surprising - while the scheme has changed, changes were rather small, at least IMHO - I mean, we are still using white, some light shades of gray and a few dull colors, nothing aggressive.

6. Oct 12, 2014 #5

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In a forum that has pinned threads, when the newest thread is also an unanswered thread, I have some difficulty seeing where the pinned threads end, and where the new threads start.

The colours of pinned threads and unanswered threads are similar enough that, for me, they run together at a quick glance when they are adjacent.

7. Oct 12, 2014 #6

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Same for me. But this helps.
    pin-outline--ios-7-interface-symbol_318-35106.jpg

8. Oct 12, 2014 #7

Evo

The background is also too light for me, it hurts my eyes, a number of members have also expressed the same concern.

Greg, would it be possible, when you recuperate, to darken the background a bit? Please?

9. Oct 12, 2014 #8

Ryan_m_b

I agree, I tend to turn the brightness down on my ipad

10. Oct 12, 2014 #9

Evo

I've already turned the brightness on my monitor down as far as it will go.

11. Oct 12, 2014 #10
    I can tinker a bit, but no promises. There is no quick fix because a change in one color often means a change in many others to keep the balance.

12. Oct 12, 2014 #11

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Well, be careful there because if there's one thing we all hate it's an unbalanced tree frog. :DD

13. Oct 13, 2014 #12

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Funny you mention this as I just bought a new monitor that's ~10x brighter than the old one. My eyes! :D

14. Oct 13, 2014 #13

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Might want to wait until after the Science Festival. Just sayin'

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook