Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Science Blog -> Looking for input/advice

1. Aug 10, 2012 #1
    Hi Guys, Im starting a new blog and was looking for a bit of input.

As I have friends in many "interesting" research groups around the UK, I was thinking of doing a bit of science journalism, interviewing people about their research.

I was looking for input/advice, specifically if there is anything my target audience would like to read about in particular? Or, any areas of science research they would like to learn about a bit more?

Any input is much appreciated.

Cheers

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2012 #2

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I've always considered doing this; just guessing from a lot of the discussions and science shows I see bouncing around the networks, I think the three biggest markets are currently:

1) consciousness / neuroscience / cognition
    2) particle and high-energy physics
    3) cosmology / astronomy

4. Aug 10, 2012 #3
    Cheers Pythagorean. I was thinking of interviewing a guy working on quantum gravity first. However, I know somebody in HEP who i'm sure would be keen as well.

5. Aug 12, 2012 #4
    Work on your writing skills. Get an editor or a friend to review every post you make beforehand. check and see if they come away with an understanding of the core concepts your wrote about. Science blogs have a bad reputation for being overly technical or too watered down, it's hard to get the balance right so be sure to get your work reviewed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook