New Technologies: What Do We Need but Don't Have?

• Thread starter eaboujaoudeh
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation discusses technology that is currently missing from our homes and possible future advancements. Some ideas mentioned include robotic maids and cooking robots, advanced internet search engines with anti-spam filters, and the ability to do voice and picture searches. One person suggests that these ideas may be impossible or too futuristic, while another mentions that Google already offers some of these features.
eaboujaoudeh
What do you think is a technology we need but don't have?
i've been thinking about this subject and i hardly could find anything missing in my home, well except for cooking robots and a robotic maid...but we're getting there soon, anything else?

Computer science news on Phys.org
hehehe.well that is one good idea :)

An internet search engine that returned useful hits would be nice.

Also an anti-spam filter that works.

Last edited:
AlephZero said:

Whats the matter with google? Are you aware of its advanced search features - boolean operators, phrasing, specific file types, specific url searching, etc

http://www.google.com/help/operators.html

Speaking of search engines. I'd like to see one that does voice and picture searches.

Internet search engine and anti spam

AlephZero said:

Also an anti-spam filter that works.

you're asking the impossible man :), its like you're asking for a car to take you to the sun or something, and that is considered a futuristic project and is more doable than ur request :P

ranger said:
Speaking of search engines. I'd like to see one that does voice and picture searches.

Doesn't google give you picture matches for your searches?

I want to have cooking robots too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

freda_fan said:
I want to have cooking robots too.

:

loooooool damn even the lol has to be 10 characters long to be accepted

What is the definition of "New Technologies"?

New technologies refer to any novel or innovative methods, processes, or materials that are developed to solve a problem or improve upon existing systems. These can range from advancements in computer technology to advancements in healthcare and transportation.

Why do we need new technologies?

We need new technologies to address current and future challenges, improve efficiency and productivity, and enhance quality of life. As society and industries evolve, there is a constant need for new and improved technologies to meet the changing needs and demands.

What are some examples of new technologies?

Some examples of new technologies include artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, renewable energy sources, autonomous vehicles, and biotechnology. These are just a few of the many areas where new technologies are being developed and implemented.

How are new technologies developed?

New technologies are developed through extensive research and development, often involving collaboration between scientists, engineers, and other experts. This process can take years and involves testing, prototyping, and refining ideas until they are ready for implementation.

What are the potential risks and benefits of new technologies?

The potential risks of new technologies include ethical concerns, potential misuse or unintended consequences, and the potential for widening societal inequalities. On the other hand, the benefits of new technologies can include increased efficiency, improved quality of life, and advancements in scientific and medical fields.