Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Newbie from downunder

1. Aug 1, 2008 #1
    Hi Guys,

I just found this forum, and it looks interesting. My passion is fusion research and I have designed and built a working fusion reactor using a new type of reactor that I have invented and designed myself.

My other passion is relativity and theoretical physics, so I look forward to reading some of the forums and posts on this site.

If anyone can recommend where to start reading I would be pleased.

Cheers..

Steven

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 1, 2008 #2

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

wow a working fusion reactor, where can I read about it?

4. Aug 1, 2008 #3
    Check my web site http://www.beeresearch.com.au

You can also go to http://www.fusor.net a forum where amateur fusioneers discuss their work.

Many, including myself, are achieving D+D fusion, and we confirm this by detecting the neutrons from the reaction, however the efficiency quotient is still sadly low. It is going to be a long and tough journey to develop a fusion reactor that actually generates energy.

I am optimistic and keep working :)

Steven Sesselmann

5. Aug 1, 2008 #4

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

i) I want to read in peer reviewed journals, not on amateur websites

ii) Here, on this forum, we only discuss theories, and results that has been published in peer reviewed journals and textbooks.

Just to make things clear.

iii) I thought you meant that you have build a reactor that generates energy.

6. Aug 1, 2008 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

How do your neighbors feel about the neutron flux?

7. Aug 1, 2008 #6
    I respect your rules for the forum.

My initial post was simply and introduction of who I am and what I do.

As for the amateur , I know amateurs that are completely dedicated to what they do, and often their work doesn't even get looked at.

How are they supposed to get peer reviewed?

At our forum www.fusor.net, there is an informal system of peer review, which we use to filter out the viable from the non viable.

Steven

8. Aug 2, 2008 #7

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Are you even posting your work and wants it to be looked at? If a professional physicists had a look at your work and results and could say that you have done wrong and have not done fusion, whould you believe him or yourself?

Blind leading blinds... we all know how that ends (regarding your own peer review system)

9. Aug 2, 2008 #8
    The simple answer to your question is yes, and as they say...

"extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof".

That is why it has become the norm, to back up all fusion claims with a BTI bubble detector. Past experiences have shown that electronic neutron detectors He3 and BF3 types can be affected by EMF radiation.

Anyone can review my patent at:

WIPO Patent

You might also find the youtube videos amusing;

http://www.youtube.com/user/beeresearch

It is a just another simple approach to fusion, and it does have some neat advantages.

Steven

10. Aug 2, 2008 #9
    Let me see..

An isotropic flux of 5e+5 neutrons per second distance to neighbour 100 meter

The neutron flux per cm^2 per second would be:

5e+5 / (4 * pi * (10 000^2)) = 0.00039

I feel confident that they are safe for the moment.

Steven

11. Aug 3, 2008 #10

mheslep

Gold Member

Steven -
    Suggestion: one of the first steps to publishing your work, or to just introduce your hobby for scientific discussion, is a basic survey of the foundation of the science on the topic. So in this case reference #1 would be something like
    Robert L. Hirsch, "Inertial-Electrostatic Confinement of Ionized Fusion Gases", Journal of Applied Physics, v. 38, no. 7, October 1967
    or the Tuck - Watson paper. The link to an the amateur site should be a distant second in the post. Otherwise it is no surprise that readers may think you are claiming to have discovered completely unexplored science, or that you have chosen to disregard prior work.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?