New Fusion Researcher from Down Under | Steven

• Thread starter beeresearch
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the introduction of a new member to a forum with interests in fusion research and theoretical physics. The member has built a working fusion reactor using a new type of reactor, and is also interested in reading about fusion on the site. They ask for recommendations on where to start reading and share their website and a forum for amateur fusioneers. The topic of peer review is also brought up, with the member explaining their informal system of peer review on the forum. They also mention their patent and YouTube videos. Finally, the conversation shifts to a discussion of the safety of the member's fusion reactor on their neighbors. The expert summarizer suggests that the member should first reference established scientific work before promoting their own work and also
beeresearch
Hi Guys,

I just found this forum, and it looks interesting. My passion is fusion research and I have designed and built a working fusion reactor using a new type of reactor that I have invented and designed myself.

My other passion is relativity and theoretical physics, so I look forward to reading some of the forums and posts on this site.

If anyone can recommend where to start reading I would be pleased.

Cheers..

Steven

Engineering news on Phys.org
wow a working fusion reactor, where can I read about it?

malawi_glenn said:
wow a working fusion reactor, where can I read about it?

Check my website http://www.beeresearch.com.au"

You can also go to http://www.fusor.net" a forum where amateur fusioneers discuss their work.

Many, including myself, are achieving D+D fusion, and we confirm this by detecting the neutrons from the reaction, however the efficiency quotient is still sadly low. It is going to be a long and tough journey to develop a fusion reactor that actually generates energy.

I am optimistic and keep working :)

Steven Sesselmann

Last edited by a moderator:
i) I want to read in peer reviewed journals, not on amateur websites

ii) Here, on this forum, we only discuss theories, and results that has been published in peer reviewed journals and textbooks.

Just to make things clear.

iii) I thought you meant that you have build a reactor that generates energy.

beeresearch said:
Many, including myself, are achieving D+D fusion, and we confirm this by detecting the neutrons from the reaction

How do your neighbors feel about the neutron flux?

I respect your rules for the forum.

My initial post was simply and introduction of who I am and what I do.

As for the amateur , I know amateurs that are completely dedicated to what they do, and often their work doesn't even get looked at.

How are they supposed to get peer reviewed?

At our forum www.fusor.net, there is an informal system of peer review, which we use to filter out the viable from the non viable.

Steven

Are you even posting your work and wants it to be looked at? If a professional physicists had a look at your work and results and could say that you have done wrong and have not done fusion, whould you believe him or yourself?

Blind leading blinds... we all know how that ends (regarding your own peer review system)

The simple answer to your question is yes, and as they say...

"extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof".

That is why it has become the norm, to back up all fusion claims with a BTI bubble detector. Past experiences have shown that electronic neutron detectors He3 and BF3 types can be affected by EMF radiation.

Anyone can review my patent at:

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/ia.jsp?IA=AU2006001526&REF=RSS"

You might also find the youtube videos amusing;

http://www.youtube.com/user/beeresearch"

It is a just another simple approach to fusion, and it does have some neat advantages.

Steven

Last edited by a moderator:
berkeman said:
How do your neighbors feel about the neutron flux?

Let me see..

An isotropic flux of 5e+5 neutrons per second distance to neighbour 100 meter

The neutron flux per cm^2 per second would be:

5e+5 / (4 * pi * (10 000^2)) = 0.00039

I feel confident that they are safe for the moment.

Steven

beeresearch said:
I respect your rules for the forum.

My initial post was simply and introduction of who I am and what I do.

As for the amateur , I know amateurs that are completely dedicated to what they do, and often their work doesn't even get looked at.

How are they supposed to get peer reviewed?

At our forum www.fusor.net, there is an informal system of peer review, which we use to filter out the viable from the non viable.

Steven
Steven -
Suggestion: one of the first steps to publishing your work, or to just introduce your hobby for scientific discussion, is a basic survey of the foundation of the science on the topic. So in this case reference #1 would be something like
Robert L. Hirsch, "Inertial-Electrostatic Confinement of Ionized Fusion Gases", Journal of Applied Physics, v. 38, no. 7, October 1967
or the Tuck - Watson paper. The link to an the amateur site should be a distant second in the post. Otherwise it is no surprise that readers may think you are claiming to have discovered completely unexplored science, or that you have chosen to disregard prior work.

What is "New Fusion Researcher from Down Under | Steven"?

"New Fusion Researcher from Down Under | Steven" refers to a recent addition to the field of fusion research from Australia or New Zealand named Steven.

What is fusion research?

Fusion research is a scientific field focused on creating and controlling nuclear fusion reactions, which can potentially provide a clean and nearly limitless source of energy.

Why is fusion research important?

Fusion research is important because it has the potential to provide a nearly limitless source of clean energy, which could help address the global issue of climate change and reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.

What is the role of a fusion researcher?

The role of a fusion researcher is to conduct experiments and research to better understand and control nuclear fusion reactions, with the ultimate goal of creating a sustainable fusion energy source.

What are some challenges in fusion research?

Some challenges in fusion research include achieving and maintaining the extremely high temperatures and pressures required for fusion reactions, developing materials that can withstand these conditions, and finding ways to efficiently capture and convert the energy produced by fusion reactions.