NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes

In summary, the Bills had a chance to run out of time in the first game of the season, but the Cowboys made a mistake. In the second game of the season, the Bills made a mistake and the Cowboys made a comeback. The Cowboys won in overtime.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
No thread yet on the NFL?

Between two channels, three game winning field goals in less than two minutes.

Denver-Buffalo was first and best. They made a first down and could have spiked the ball to stop the clock. Instead, they rush the field goal team out with about 10 seconds on the clock and barely set up and snapped the ball in time. What in the world were they thinking?! One of the dumbest plays I've seen. Fortunately for the Broncos, Elam hit his field goal in spite of the rush. :rofl: (And I know what they were thinking. It was 3 and 10 and Denver was out of time outs. If Walker doesn't make the first down, Denver can't stop the clock and the FG team has to be moving as soon as the whistle is blown. I don't think they could tell from the sideline whether Walker made it or not and they sure weren't going to let a second or two click off the clock while they waited for the ref's signal.)

Green Bay: high snap, but they get the ball down and make the kick. Washington: routine FG in overtime.

Physics news on Phys.org
I had been watching the Broncos game but did not even notice until afterwards that they had come so close to running out of time.

How bout them Eagles! :rofl: sorry russ!

I'm glad the Cowboys pulled through tonight, the secondary had me a little worried.

mattmns said:
I had been watching the Broncos game but did not even notice until afterwards that they had come so close to running out of time.

How bout them Eagles! :rofl: sorry russ!

I'm glad the Cowboys pulled through tonight, the secondary had me a little worried.

YEAH BABY EAGLES WILL THROW DOWN THE FIELD THIS YEAR! WOOHOO GO EAGLES

And patriots can **** *a* b**** in *** *** my *** ** d***** ** * * * ***** integral of ****

The unfortunate downside of this activity -

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aj.zThei6oozMTKDMpRksK5DubYF?slug=ap-bills-everetthurt&prov=ap&type=lgns
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Bills punter Brian Moorman stood on the sideline desperately waiting for teammate Kevin Everett to get up or show any sign he was OK.

When the reserve tight end failed to do so as he was immobilized and carefully loaded into an ambulance after sustaining a severe spinal cord injury, Moorman knew it was serious.

"It brought tears to my eyes," Moorman said Monday, recalling how a day earlier he watched helplessly during the Bills season opener against Denver, hoping for the best, but fearing the worst.

Those fears were confirmed Monday when the team's orthopedic surgeon, Andrew Cappuccino, announced Everett will unlikely be able to walk again after sustaining a "catastrophic" and life-threatening injury.

"A best-case scenario is full recovery, but not likely," said Cappuccino, a day after he spent four hours in surgery reconstructing Everett's fractured spinal cord.
I've seen this too often, and I myself am very fortunate not to have fractured my neck on numerous occasions. I hope that he recovers as much as possible.

Wow, did anyone see that game? I just followed it on nfl.com and it seemed insane! 5 interceptions from Romo, two were ran back for touchdowns, Cowboys give up a 103 yard kick return for a touchdown. Now the end. Cowboys down by 8, but the Bills throw a pic in Dallas territory (why did they throw?). Romo drives the Cowboys to a touchdown with 20 seconds left, but a failed 2 pt attempt leaves them down by 2. Cowboys go for an onside kick and are successful! Not only that, but the ball is tipped and ends up going an extra 10 yards :smile: Now the Cowboys need about 10 yards to get into field goal range and they have 18 seconds and no time outs. Romo throws a 25 yard pass to Owens and quickly spikes the ball with :01 second left but Owens dropped the ball and it is overturned. So the Cowboys get the ball back and make two quick passes and get out of bounds on both. Now there are 2 seconds left and the 53 yard field goal is good for a 25-24 win, but wait! The Bills pull a cheap ass trick like the Broncos (god I hate the Broncos :tongue2:) and called a timeout. Don't tell me a repeat of Oakland-Denver! The kick is up, and again a perfect kick! Cowboys win 25-24! Crazy, I wish I had seen it!Video recap of the game: http://www.nfl.com/videos

Last edited:

1. What is "NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes"?

"NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes" is a video game developed by Electronic Arts as part of the Madden NFL series. It allows players to simulate and control a football game, specifically focusing on the exciting moments of a close game where a team must rely on field goals to secure a victory.

2. What platforms is "NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes" available on?

"NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes" is available on multiple platforms including PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, and PlayStation Portable (PSP).

3. Can you play "NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes" with friends?

Yes, "NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes" has both single player and multiplayer modes. You can play with friends in person or online through the use of gaming consoles or online gaming services.

4. Is "NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes" an accurate representation of real NFL games?

While the game aims to be as realistic as possible, it is important to remember that it is a simulation and not a perfect representation of real NFL games. Certain aspects, such as player abilities and game scenarios, may not always reflect real life situations.

5. Can you customize teams and players in "NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes"?

Yes, "NFL '08: Three Game Winning Field Goals in 2 Minutes" allows players to customize teams and players, including their appearance and abilities. This adds a personal touch to the game and allows for a unique experience each time it is played.