Creative Crafting Ideas: Matchstick Crafts, Origami, Twitching & More

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation covers a range of suggested topics, including making things from match sticks, origami, twitching, and what can be made from empty toilet rolls. Other topics discussed include idle comments on the weather, the best way to make light and crisp Yorkshire puddings, and who the best James Bond is. The conversation also touches on the possibility of a female Bond, lucky petrol pumps, and nude contortionists. Some members also bring up questions such as why the Queen's guards wear bear skins, favorite real ales, and how to harden conkers. The conversation takes a light-hearted and humorous tone, with occasional mentions of smut and sexual innuendos. The participants also discuss the history of the H
arildno said:
That's WHY it's foul. It's practically tasteless. Just like kiwi. (Besides, kiwi has a poisonous green colour; I never eat poison-green food).

Proper yorkie pudding is not tasteless, if cooked with the beef fat, it has a
wonderful crispy crunchy out and a soft inner.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a girl cleaning her friend's boot. How courteous of her.

6051670_7906730008_m.jpg

brewnog said:
The Family Ness!

I forgot about that! My favourite was Eyewit-Ness. Not only was his name a terrible pun, he was also a pirate!

Can you explain please old chap.

wolram said:
Can you explain please old chap.

Did you look at Welsh boy's The Family Ness link? Twas an amazing 80s cartoon about the Nessies. Lovely stuff, almost as good as Jimbo and the Jet Set.

LYN! Please clean up your act otherwise wolram will get angry that the cleanliness of his clean British thread is being mocked.

http://www.yarnmarket.com/images/art_Sheep-Mat.jpg

I found this sheep door mat, so everyone must be sure to wipe their feet befor entering this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
hypatia said:
http://www.yarnmarket.com/images/art_Sheep-Mat.jpg

I found this sheep door mat, so everyone must be sure to wipe their feet befor entering this thread.
Don't let Danger see this one..

Last edited by a moderator:
oh geez, he may want to wipe more then his feet?

Here's a nice still from the play No Sex Please, We're British:

http://www.ookiine.com/images/nosexplease.jpg

russ_watters said:
If you keep it clean, there should be no smut buildup...
As GD becomes crasser and crasser, I long for it to be conquored by a tyranical nun with a ruler.

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/corbis/DGT349/OYF20046.jpg

Like this?

Yikes. :bugeye:

nun.jpg

No. The one in The Blues Brothers will do.

brewnog said:
Did you look at Welsh boy's The Family Ness link? Twas an amazing 80s cartoon about the Nessies. Lovely stuff, almost as good as Jimbo and the Jet Set.

Jimbo Soz it`s 2 in the am i`ve been out on the beer for the last 5 hours Jimbo hee-hee

honestrosewater said:
19. Why do people spell spelled spelt?

And why did wolram spell British as "Brittish"? :tongue: :biggrin:

Tsu said:
And why did wolram spell British as "Brittish"? :tongue: :biggrin:
:rofl: He was enunciating the T very clearly. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: He was enunciating the T very clearly. :biggrin:

Ah... either that or he just REAL confused! :rofl:

Tsu said:
Ah... either that or he just REAL confused! :rofl:
I think that's a side effect of not having enough sex. :biggrin:

I know I've posted this before but I can't find it... Anyway, Deepak Chopra tells it ~ like this: There was a study of the number of tactile contacts made while in a public setting, between mates [married] as a function of culture. Guessing at the actual values here... Couples from India made contact, on the average, about thirty times per hour. Couples from China touched about fifteen times per hour. In the US, it was close to five times every hour. And as for the British couples, we're still waiting!

loseyourname said:
You realize he was making the argument that reason cannot know God, thus justifying taking the leap of faith because "the heart has its reasons," right?
No, I just remembered seeing it in my dictionary several years ago. I'm reading a bit of it now.

zoobyshoe said:
As GD becomes crasser and crasser, I long for it to be conquored by a tyranical nun with a ruler.
You speak of crassitude like it's a bad thing. :confused:

Has it really gotten that bad? :redface: I don't know about you know who, but I can clean up my act. o:)

honestrosewater said:
You speak of crassitude like it's a bad thing. :confused:

Has it really gotten that bad? :redface: I don't know about you know who, but I can clean up my act. o:)
I always clean myself before and after my act, so this can't possibly be a reference to me.

Ivan Seeking said:
I know I've posted this before but I can't find it... Anyway, Deepak Chopra tells it ~ like this: There was a study of the number of tactile contacts made while in a public setting, between mates [married] as a function of culture. Guessing at the actual values here... Couples from India made contact, on the average, about thirty times per hour. Couples from China touched about fifteen times per hour. In the US, it was close to five times every hour. And as for the British couples, we're still waiting!

Brittish couples do not touch in public, only saturday nights
after 2100.

honestrosewater said:
No, I just remembered seeing it in my dictionary several years ago. I'm reading a bit of it now.

Pascal was sort of the progenitor of Kierkegaard in that way. Though he was a mathematician and keen in the use of reason, he believed that the human mind and its faculties could not apprehend the divine. The mind could never know God, and could neither prove nor disprove His existence. Nonetheless, a person can and should believe. He expanded upon the "heart has its reasons" bit with the well-known Pascal's Wager, turning the acceptance of Catholic doctrine into a cost/benefit analysis of potential rewards and/or punishments in the afterlife.

arildno said:
I always clean myself before and after my act, so this can't possibly be a reference to me.
Guilty conscience? No, I was referring to those Brittish couples with Saturday night fever.

loseyourname said:
Pascal was sort of the progenitor of Kierkegaard in that way. Though he was a mathematician and keen in the use of reason, he believed that the human mind and its faculties could not apprehend the divine. The mind could never know God, and could neither prove nor disprove His existence. Nonetheless, a person can and should believe. He expanded upon the "heart has its reasons" bit with the well-known Pascal's Wager, turning the acceptance of Catholic doctrine into a cost/benefit analysis of potential rewards and/or punishments in the afterlife.
I can identify somewhat with his reasoning in the section I'm reading, as I look at the difference between jutice and mercy in a similar way.

Moonbear said:
I think that's a side effect of not having enough sex. :biggrin:

Moonbear you are naughty :tongue:

And Tsu, I like "Ts", it should be, BRIT--TISH do you not know about our T,
breaks :tongue:

honestrosewater said:
I can identify somewhat with his reasoning in the section I'm reading, as I look at the difference between jutice and mercy in a similar way.

Yep :biggrin: there is a major difference between, Jutice and Mercy

I've never been jutticed before; is that nice?

arildno said:
I've never been jutticed before; is that nice?

Im not sure, i think it means "wraped in sack cloth", so i guess it is not nice.

The sport of Wellie wanging, is not very well known.