Magnet Motors & Perpetuum Mobiles: My Thread Debate

• Thread starter rolnor
  • Start date
In summary, the person's thread about magnet motors was deleted and they believe it was only partly justified. They argued that a motor powered by magnets would not be a perpetual motion machine, but rather would only run until the magnets lost their magnetic properties. They also mentioned that inducing magnetism in a permanent magnet would require energy and that this energy would be stored in the magnet. The person expressed a desire for a response, but understood if the thread was deleted. The Mentor who handled the thread report requested to discuss the issue through private message before potentially re-opening the thread for objections.
rolnor
My thread about magnet motor was deleted and I feel that this is only partly OK, I wrote that if it was possible to make a motor powered by magnets it will NOT be a perpetuum mobile, it will only run until the magnets are not magnetic anymore. I think that magnetism must be induced in a permanent magnet, when doing so it will cost energy and this energy is stored in the magnet. It would be nice to get an respons but I understand if you delete this thread to.

Physics news on Phys.org
Since I'm the Mentor that handled that thread report (and sent you the PM about the issue), please send me a PM to discuss it. That's in the PF rules as the first step to take if you disagree with a Mentor's actions. If we can't work it out via PM, I'll re-open this thread so you can post your objections. Thanks,

What is a magnet motor?

A magnet motor is a type of motor that uses the power of magnets to generate motion. It is based on the principle of magnetic fields repelling and attracting each other, resulting in continuous motion without the need for external energy sources.

Is a magnet motor the same as a perpetual motion machine?

No, a magnet motor is not the same as a perpetual motion machine. While both claim to produce motion without the need for external energy, a magnet motor relies on the continuous interaction of magnetic fields, while a perpetual motion machine would require a violation of the laws of thermodynamics.

Can a magnet motor be used as a source of free energy?

No, a magnet motor cannot be used as a source of free energy. While it may seem like the motor is producing energy, it is actually just converting the energy from the magnets into motion. The magnets themselves still require energy to maintain their magnetic fields, so there is no net gain of energy.

Are there any working magnet motors or perpetual motion machines?

No, there are no working magnet motors or perpetual motion machines that have been scientifically proven. Many claims have been made, but none have stood up to rigorous testing and scrutiny. In fact, the idea of a perpetual motion machine goes against the laws of physics.

What are some potential applications of magnet motors?

Magnet motors have the potential to be used in various applications, such as in electric generators, transportation systems, and even in renewable energy sources. However, further research and development are needed to make them efficient and practical for everyday use.