Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Number of posts

1. Mar 1, 2005 #1
    I have been noticing lately. that my no. of posts is not increasing as fast as i am posting.

yesterday when i logged in i had 138 posts. i made around 6-7 posts yesterday, and also a couple of them today but it still reads 138.

is this site having some trouble or are the admin. trying to discourage me from posting, as a part of some evil plan of theirs. :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2005 #2

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Your posts were all in General Discussion, and posts in GD aren't counted.

4. Mar 1, 2005 #3
    still it reads 138. :cry:

plllzzzz..... someone help me. i dont want to be stuck on 138 for the rest of my life. :cry: :cry: :cry:

5. Mar 1, 2005 #4

thats a relief(though, not really) :rolleyes: , but still i am sure that there is no evil plan against me. :tongue:

6. Mar 1, 2005 #5

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Nope,i've had 132 posts in one thread in GD only (you can guess which)...But they didn't add to my tally.

That's the policy.Posts get counted,but not added to individual tally.

Daniel.

P.S.Is the # of posts (or should it be) relevant...?A reason to be proud,or what...?

7. Mar 1, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's that big, bold-lettered Announcement at the top of GD that explains this.

Is it relevant? I don't really think so. Quality over quantity is much prefered, in my opinion. But, that's really why they don't count in GD, because we're not so picky about quality here, just letting off steam.

8. Mar 1, 2005 #7

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Really...? :surprised Then how does you highheelness explain that monstruosity in which i've posted >130 times and you highheelness even more...??? :surprised :tongue2:

Daniel.

9. Mar 1, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You know, if you're going to purposely misquote me, you should at least do it properly. :rofl:

10. Mar 1, 2005 #9

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That "you<-your" was made on purpose :tongue:

Daniel.

11. Mar 1, 2005 #10
    yeah gd does not count because of spammers like myself

12. Mar 1, 2005 #11

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Good point.That was the first non-spam message i've seen in the last couple of days...from u...:tongue2:

Daniel.

13. Mar 1, 2005 #12
    Hahaha, or should I say harraharharrr. I was actually thinking of posting something that was true spam, and saying this is spam, but I decided not to. However, this post I am about to post right now is, essentially, spam.

14. Mar 5, 2005 #13
    Posts made in GD don't count???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    And I kept wondering why I still had ZERO posts...

15. Mar 5, 2005 #14

But neo-phytes can't be bothered to read such things.

Really now, is it just me, or ahs there been a major surge in these sorts of questions?

Namely stupid ones posted by people too lazy to spend two minutes looking (or declaring a thread we referred them too, which was 3 pages long, and covered everything they asked for in detail) was too long to read, so we should go through it all again, just for them.

Are these people like rabbits or is it jsut me?

16. Mar 5, 2005 #15
    Oh, no, posts in GD counts, just only good ones. I only post in GD. :uhh: :uhh:

17. Mar 5, 2005 #16

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Nope,Franz.It's all fair & square.Neither mine,nor yours don't count.

Daniel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?