Are My Posts Being Ignored? Investigating a Possible Conspiracy

• Thread starter vikasj007
  • Start date
  • Tags
    conspiracy
In summary, I have been noticing lately that my no. of posts is not increasing as fast as i am posting. Yesterday when i logged in i had 138 posts. I made around 6-7 posts yesterday, and also a couple of them today but it still reads 138. Is this site having some trouble or are the admin. trying to discourage me from posting, as a part of some evil plan of theirs. :confused:
vikasj007
I have been noticing lately. that my no. of posts is not increasing as fast as i am posting.

yesterday when i logged in i had 138 posts. i made around 6-7 posts yesterday, and also a couple of them today but it still reads 138.

is this site having some trouble or are the admin. trying to discourage me from posting, as a part of some evil plan of theirs. :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
Your posts were all in General Discussion, and posts in GD aren't counted.

still it reads 138. :cry:

plllzzzz... someone help me. i don't want to be stuck on 138 for the rest of my life. :cry: :cry: :cry:

honestrosewater said:
Your posts were all in General Discussion, and posts in GD aren't counted.

thats a relief(though, not really) :rolleyes: , but still i am sure that there is no evil plan against me. :tongue:

Nope,i've had 132 posts in one thread in GD only (you can guess which)...But they didn't add to my tally.

That's the policy.Posts get counted,but not added to individual tally.

Daniel.

P.S.Is the # of posts (or should it be) relevant...?A reason to be proud,or what...?

There's that big, bold-lettered Announcement at the top of GD that explains this.

Is it relevant? I don't really think so. Quality over quantity is much prefered, in my opinion. But, that's really why they don't count in GD, because we're not so picky about quality here, just letting off steam.

Moonbear said:
There's that big, bold-lettered Announcement at the top of GD that explains this.

Is it relevant? I don't really think so. Quality over quantity is much preferred in GD, because we're not so picky about quality here, just letting off steam.

Really...? Then how does you highheelness explain that monstruosity in which I've posted >130 times and you highheelness even more...? :tongue2:

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Really...? Then how does you highheelness explain that monstruosity in which I've posted >130 times and you highheelness even more...? :tongue2:

Daniel.

You know, if you're going to purposely misquote me, you should at least do it properly. :rofl:

That "you<-your" was made on purpose :tongue:

Daniel.

yeah gd does not count because of spammers like myself

Good point.That was the first non-spam message I've seen in the last couple of days...from u...:tongue2:

Daniel.

Hahaha, or should I say harraharharrr. I was actually thinking of posting something that was true spam, and saying this is spam, but I decided not to. However, this post I am about to post right now is, essentially, spam.

Posts made in GD don't count? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
And I kept wondering why I still had ZERO posts...

Moonbear said:

But neo-phytes can't be bothered to read such things.

Really now, is it just me, or ahs there been a major surge in these sorts of questions?

Namely stupid ones posted by people too lazy to spend two minutes looking (or declaring a thread we referred them too, which was 3 pages long, and covered everything they asked for in detail) was too long to read, so we should go through it all again, just for them.

Are these people like rabbits or is it just me?

witze said:
Posts made in GD don't count? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
And I kept wondering why I still had ZERO posts...

Oh, no, posts in GD counts, just only good ones. I only post in GD. :uhh: :uhh:

Nope,Franz.It's all fair & square.Neither mine,nor yours don't count.

Daniel.

1. Why do I feel like my posts are being ignored?

There could be a variety of reasons for this feeling. It's important to first examine the quality of your posts and the relevance to the intended audience. Additionally, social media algorithms and timing can also play a role in the visibility of your posts. It's important to consistently engage and interact with your audience to increase the chances of your posts being seen.

2. Is there a conspiracy to deliberately ignore certain posts?

There is no evidence to suggest a widespread conspiracy to ignore certain posts on social media. While individual accounts may choose to ignore or block specific content, this does not indicate a larger conspiracy. Social media algorithms are designed to show users content that is most relevant and engaging to them, which may result in some posts being seen more than others.

3. How can I increase the visibility of my posts?

One way to increase the visibility of your posts is to consistently engage with your followers and other accounts. This can include responding to comments, liking and sharing other posts, and using hashtags to reach a wider audience. Additionally, posting at peak times when your audience is most active can also increase the chances of your posts being seen.

4. Are certain topics or opinions being censored on social media?

Social media platforms have community guidelines that prohibit hate speech, harassment, and other forms of harmful content. If your posts violate these guidelines, they may be removed or hidden from view. However, this does not necessarily indicate censorship of certain topics or opinions. It's important to familiarize yourself with these guidelines and ensure your posts comply with them.

5. Is it possible that my posts are being deliberately hidden from my followers?

In some cases, it is possible that your posts may not be appearing on your followers' feeds. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as low engagement, algorithm changes, or a temporary issue with the platform. However, it is unlikely that your posts are being deliberately hidden from your followers without a valid reason or violation of community guidelines.