Recap of Our Trip to the Festival - Almost Married :cry:

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ebola
In summary, the author went to a music and art festival this year and had a great time. He highly recommends it to others. There was a reference to marriage in the post, but it didn't work out. The author also mentioned that there is nothing like OCF in the area, but he will keep you updated if he finds something similar.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I would have added to this thread but it's locked (too old I guess):

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=239891

I went this year, with my daughter and her boyfriend. WOW we had such a great time! I highly recommend it! Fantastic music, cool art thingies, amazing food. It's like a capitalist orgie dressed in tie-dye. In other words, very American :approve:.

Some alert PFers may have noticed an obscure reference to marriage in this post:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3326212

Well, sorry to say, Om and I didn't get married :cry: because he was on death's door with Ebola or Dengue Fever or some such thing. Ah well, I guess there's always next year...

Thanks, Om, for letting us crash at your campsite o:)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Lisa,

Glad you had a great time. How about some pics and better yet video's ? I have some video of a fine art show I took a few weeks ago in the Berkshires, just need to add captions and music. Will put something together and post in the not too distant future.

Rhody... :wink:

lisab said:
I would have added to this thread but it's locked (too old I guess):

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=239891

I went this year, with my daughter and her boyfriend. WOW we had such a great time! I highly recommend it! Fantastic music, cool art thingies, amazing food. It's like a capitalist orgie dressed in tie-dye. In other words, very American :approve:.

Some alert PFers may have noticed an obscure reference to marriage in this post:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3326212

Well, sorry to say, Om and I didn't get married :cry: because he was on death's door with Ebola or Dengue Fever or some such thing. Ah well, I guess there's always next year...

Thanks, Om, for letting us crash at your campsite o:)!

:bugeye:

Wasn't sure if you'd had a good time.

:smile:

Sorry about the d-block's on Friday & Saturday. One's first trip into the goonie-lands really should have a guide.

ps. Only took one picture this year whilst getting some salmon on a stick.

oddthatyoushouldnoticeawordafter20years.jpg

:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for forgetting your camp lamp! I of course absconded with it, the instant no one would take ownership.

A group of OCF loving Canucks took over our campsite on Sunday, and had about 40 tents set up where we were camped at. By 8 am on Monday morning, there was a line about 3 deep for the plastic lou. I of course knew where the "proper" wood-framed lou was, but all the lights had been removed! "How on Earth do blind people poop!" was the first thing to come to mind.

Hope to see you again next year. :smile:

Or better yet... What's going on in your area? I'm desperately in need of a new tribal something or other. :wink:

None of that naked bicycling stuff though. I've seen the pictures. ewe... :yuck:

OmCheeto said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for forgetting your camp lamp! I of course absconded with it, the instant no one would take ownership.

A group of OCF loving Canucks took over our campsite on Sunday, and had about 40 tents set up where we were camped at. By 8 am on Monday morning, there was a line about 3 deep for the plastic lou. I of course knew where the "proper" wood-framed lou was, but all the lights had been removed! "How on Earth do blind people poop!" was the first thing to come to mind.

Hope to see you again next year. :smile:

Or better yet... What's going on in your area? I'm desperately in need of a new tribal something or other. :wink:

None of that naked bicycling stuff though. I've seen the pictures. ewe... :yuck:

I know that seeking-a-tribe feeling!

There's nothing here like OCF :cry: but I will definitely let you know if I find something close to it.

lisab said:
I know that seeking-a-tribe feeling!

There's nothing here like OCF :cry: but I will definitely let you know if I find something close to it.

It is very magical.

Hopefully, we can get the queen to come to the fair next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18511Q7-aBY

She would fit in. :smile:

1. What was your favorite part of the festival?

My favorite part of the festival was the live music performances. The energy and talent of the musicians were incredible and it made for a memorable experience.

2. Did you try any unique foods at the festival?

Yes, we tried some unique and delicious foods at the festival. Some of our favorites were the deep-fried Oreos and the pulled pork sandwiches.

3. Were there any unexpected surprises during the trip?

Yes, there were a few unexpected surprises during our trip. One of them was stumbling upon a hidden art exhibit in a small alleyway. It was a pleasant surprise and we spent some time exploring the different pieces.

4. How did the festival atmosphere compare to previous years?

This was our first time attending this festival, so we can't compare it to previous years. However, overall, the atmosphere was lively and welcoming, with people of all ages enjoying the different activities and performances.

5. Are you glad you went to the festival, despite the rainy weather?

Absolutely! Although the weather wasn't ideal, we still had a great time at the festival. We came prepared with rain jackets and umbrellas, and it didn't dampen our spirits or stop us from having a good time.

Back