Crispy After Joni Kettle Fondant Mishap: Driving Home

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: That reminds me, my friend and I once had an idea for a day spa. She was Syrian, so we cooked up this idea for an exotic "Syrian beauty treatment" that we figured rich Beverly Hills women would pay big $$$ for. Basically, we would just slap them. :rofl:
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I just had a Joni kettle full of fondant tipped all over me, i do not know how the heck i am going to drive home, must keep moving.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wolram, you are the male equivalent of me.

what's fondant?

Yes, I wondered that as well.

rocketboy said:
what's fondant?

It's sugary confection.

Or does he mean fondu?

rocketboy said:
what's fondant?

It is a sugar water mix

I was going to have a shower with my clothes on but we had a major disaster at work when some one tipped some of this down the drain, it set and blocked the main sewer, so i had to
go outside with a bucket of hot water.

You're not burned, are you? I hope it was at least cool enough you're just sticky and starting to set up and not that you're burnt to a crisp.

Fondant is a type of frosting, sets up really firm (assuming the British word means the same as the American word)...when you see a gorgeous cake with perfectly smooth frosting, or shapes cut out on it, that's likely fondant.

Moonbear said:
You're not burned, are you? I hope it was at least cool enough you're just sticky and starting to set up and not that you're burnt to a crisp.

Fondant is a type of frosting, sets up really firm (assuming the British word means the same as the American word)...when you see a gorgeous cake with perfectly smooth frosting, or shapes cut out on it, that's likely fondant.

Yes the American and British words are the same, the mix was hot but not enough to scold, but liquid enough to soak through to my skin, i think i have lost about a billion hairs and feel itchy.

I dunno, I kinda like sweet sticky guys.

wolram said:
Yes the American and British words are the same, the mix was hot but not enough to scold, but liquid enough to soak through to my skin, i think i have lost about a billion hairs and feel itchy.
Just thank your lucky star that it was fondant and not melted dark chocolate. You'd have a bunch of the Sisters pounding down your door.

Sorry Woolie :frown: ...that sounds so uncomfortable!

Sounds a bit like when you pour candle wax on your arm, it hurts like buggery for a while, but it cools fairly rapidly. Still it's summer soon you probably needed a shearing. Tough luck mate, doesn't sound like it was too painful thankfully, might of been a little embarrassing though. :redface::smile:

turbo-1 said:
Just thank your lucky star that it was fondant and not melted dark chocolate. You'd have a bunch of the Sisters pounding down your door.

Dark chocolate? blast it we do not use here (yet).

So fess up, Woolie! Did you end up with a Brazilian bikini wax?:eek:

turbo-1 said:
So fess up, Woolie! Did you end up with a Brazilian bikini wax?:eek:

I don't think men can get one of those, with the tackle being what it is. But that did make me chuckle. :biggrin:

Schrodinger's Dog said:
Sounds a bit like when you pour candle wax on your arm, it hurts like buggery for a while, but it cools fairly rapidly. Still it's summer soon you probably needed a shearing. Tough luck mate, doesn't sound like it was too painful thankfully, might of been a little embarrassing though. :redface::smile:

It was painfully, like some medieval torture, it took over an hour to get cleaned up.

Blimey, my apologies, fair enough. I think we can all empathise there. :eek:

It's that stiff upper lip thing, obviously being a manly sort of ram, you kinda sucked it up when you were describing it. Well done soldier. :smile:

Poor wollie isn't so wooly anymore. :frown: Good thing it wasn't too hot to scald at least. Something like that could have caused some pretty serious burns.

Moonbear said:
Poor wollie isn't so wooly anymore. :frown: Good thing it wasn't too hot to scald at least. Something like that could have caused some pretty serious burns.

I think i will give up this job and become a chocolate vendor.

wolram said:
I think i will give up this job and become a chocolate vendor.

I dunno, I'm not sure I like hair in my chocolate, but if you wax before you get that job... :uhh:

You could open "Wolly's Spa". :approve:

That reminds me, my friend and I once had an idea for a day spa. She was Syrian, so we cooked up this idea for an exotic "Syrian beauty treatment" that we figured rich Beverly Hills women would pay big $$$ for. Basically, we would just slap them. :rofl: Hey, it would give the skin a nice glow.

Math Is Hard said:
You could open "Wolly's Spa". :approve:

That reminds me, my friend and I once had an idea for a day spa. She was Syrian, so we cooked up this idea for an exotic "Syrian beauty treatment" that we figured rich Beverly Hills women would pay big $$$ for. Basically, we would just slap them. :rofl: Hey, it would give the skin a nice glow.

You is just so naughty, but it makes me think i could make big bucks from a painful and cheap ,sugaring.

If you go to the spa at the Hershey Hotel in Hershey, PA, you can get things like chocolate wraps. I stayed in that hotel when there for an interview once, and opted not to go to the spa because I wasn't sure if being coated in chocolate I couldn't eat would really be a good way to spend my day (I think it would have just made me hungry).

Moonbear said:
If you go to the spa at the Hershey Hotel in Hershey, PA, you can get things like chocolate wraps. I stayed in that hotel when there for an interview once, and opted not to go to the spa because I wasn't sure if being coated in chocolate I couldn't eat would really be a good way to spend my day (I think it would have just made me hungry).

Wow! You could be human fondue! :bugeye:

Math Is Hard said:
Wow! You could be human fondue! :bugeye:

:rofl: Yep. When I visited, I was surprised that the med school had cattle when there's no associated vet or ag school. But, as they explained, it's Hershey, they have to have people who do work with dairy cattle...for the milk chocolate. Though, how seriously would you take a doctor who graduated from Hershey Medical School? (Okay, it's Penn State, but still, it's the Hershey campus.) Oh, one more Hershey trivia fact...there's a fairly recently discovered neuropeptide that is thought to be involved in reproductive function that was discovered at the Hershey campus...it really is called Kisspeptin named after Hershey's Kisses!

Schrodinger's Dog said:
I don't think men can get one of those, with the tackle being what it is. But that did make me chuckle. :biggrin:

Tackle? :confused:

Tsu said:
Tackle? :confused:

Another one of those euphemisms. I meant of course meat and two veg. :smile:

Schrodinger's Dog said:
Another one of those euphemisms. I meant of course meat and two veg. :smile:

Oh geez, now I'm never going to be able to hear the expression "I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy" and take it the same way ever again. :bugeye: :rofl:

wolram said:
I just had a Joni kettle full of fondant tipped all over me, i do not know how the heck i am going to drive home, must keep moving.

You're lucky there were no bee-hives nearby, they would come to feed !:bugeye:

1. What is "Crispy After Joni Kettle Fondant Mishap: Driving Home"?

"Crispy After Joni Kettle Fondant Mishap: Driving Home" is a hypothetical scenario that involves a mishap with a kettle of fondant while driving home. It is often used as a thought experiment to explore the consequences of certain actions or events.

2. What is the purpose of using this scenario in scientific research?

The purpose of using this scenario in scientific research is to study the effects of unexpected events and human decision-making in high-stress situations. It allows scientists to explore how people respond to and cope with unexpected challenges, and how their actions may impact the outcome of a situation.

3. How does this scenario relate to real-life situations?

This scenario can be related to real-life situations in many ways. For example, it can be used to study the effects of distractions while driving, the impact of sudden events on decision-making, and the consequences of poor planning or preparation. It can also be used to explore human behavior in emergency situations.

4. What are some potential outcomes of the "Crispy After Joni Kettle Fondant Mishap: Driving Home" scenario?

Some potential outcomes of this scenario could include a car accident, injury to the driver or passengers, damage to the vehicle, or a successful navigation of the situation. The specific outcome would depend on various factors such as the driver's reactions, the severity of the mishap, and the driving conditions.

5. How can the findings from this scenario be applied in practical situations?

The findings from this scenario can be applied in practical situations to improve decision-making and preparedness in high-stress situations. For example, the research could inform the development of training programs for emergency responders or guidelines for handling unexpected events while driving. It could also lead to the creation of new safety measures or protocols to prevent accidents in similar scenarios.