Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Online BS in Aeronautical Engineering

1. Mar 20, 2012 #1
    Does anyone know of a school that offers a BS in Aeronautical Engineering? So far all I can find are MS offered online. I may go for a MS eventually, but for now I am just looking for a BS.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2012 #2

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

None exist that I know of, and for good reason. A full engineering degree doesn't lend itself well to being taught online. You won't get labs or exposure to your peers with whom most engineers do a lot of work.

4. Mar 21, 2012 #3
    I can find plenty of places that offer a MS, so I thought I could find one that offers a BS degree.

5. Mar 22, 2012 #4
    I think the reason is the importance of the fundamentals.

If you are going for a MS, then you have already addressed them.

6. Mar 25, 2012 #5

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Some varieties of MS degrees require only coursework and generally are only like 8 courses or something like that. These graduate-level courses don't have lab or discussion components, so there isn't a whole lot you are losing online, so programs offer it. It would be shady to offer an online BS in engineering of any sort because of all the labs and discussion sections you would miss.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook