1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ontario Universities for Software Engineering!

1. Oct 16, 2011 #1
    Helloo everyone,
    I'm in Grade 12, Vancouver, B.C.
    Actually I'm planning to apply to Universities in Ontario under "Software Engineering" for next year and need your guys help in deciding the best Universities.
    Apart form Waterloo(UW) and Toronto(UofT) - which i'll be definitely applying to - which other universities in Ontario are considered best for their software engineering program?

If given an option, which one is better - Carleton or McMaster - keeping in mind their engineering program?

Would appreciate everyone's response and opinion!
    Many Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2011 #2
    Hello,

Good to hear you are starting your applications. I am finishing up my final year in electrical engineering at The University of Western Ontario. I applied to and was accepted to both of the schools you mentioned, and I have never regretted my choice. You really need to find a school that fits you. When I was doing my selection, I was originally taken in by the allure of UW's reputation (as was I by UofT), but after visiting these schools, and meeting professors, and talking to people, I did not choose them.

The faculty here are great, I know a lot of the professors on a first name basis, and these relationships have opened doors with many employers and industry professionals. No matter what school you choose, your experience, what you learn, how well you do and how far you go is completely dependent on you and the effort you put in.

Hope your selection goes well.

Best of luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook