Oracle SQL certification path?

• Studying
  • Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses different Oracle exams and the speaker's experience with learning SQL. They mention being confident with the basics but needing more practice on specific topics such as aggregate functions, transactions and concurrency control, procedures, views, and subqueries. The speaker also mentions considering taking an Oracle certification exam but is not sure due to cost constraints. They also ask for information on other DBA certifications, specifically mentioning Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
shivajikobardan
1) Oracle 1Z0-149

2) Oracle Database SQL 1Z0-071

3) Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals 1Z0-061

4) or any other oracle exams? I've no idea about it.

I've finished learning a 20hrs sql course. It took me probably 100hrs to finish the course as I went slow. I'm confident with the basics. But few things I need more practice on(not that I don't know them but still confused). They're:

1) Aggregate functions and GROUP BY.

2) Transactions & concurrency control

3) Procedures, Views

4) Subqueries

I thought the obvious next step would be take some oracle certification (I won't give exams as I don't earn that much, just study for the exam).
If there are other DBA certification except Oracle, do tell me? We use microsoft sql server and mysql at work but I've already learnt enough sql for work. (we just need basic select query at work).

Physics news on Phys.org

The Oracle SQL certification path includes the following exams:

1) Oracle 1Z0-149: Oracle Database 19c: Program with PL/SQL
2) Oracle Database SQL 1Z0-071: Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate
3) Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals 1Z0-061: Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate
4) Any other Oracle exams, such as the Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional or the Oracle Database 12c Performance Management and Tuning Certified Expert exams.

In addition to these exams, there are also Oracle certification paths for Database Administration, Database Development, and Business Intelligence.

If you are looking for other DBA certifications, there are also Microsoft SQL Server certifications and MySQL certifications available. However, if you are already confident with the basics of SQL and do not plan on taking the exams, it may be more beneficial for you to focus on gaining practical experience and expanding your skills through hands-on projects and real-world scenarios.

What is the Oracle SQL certification path?

The Oracle SQL certification path is a series of exams and certifications offered by Oracle Corporation that validate an individual's knowledge and skills in using Oracle SQL for database management and development.

What are the different levels of Oracle SQL certification?

There are three levels of Oracle SQL certification: Associate, Professional, and Master. Each level builds upon the previous one and requires passing a specific set of exams.

What are the benefits of getting Oracle SQL certified?

Earning an Oracle SQL certification can demonstrate your expertise and proficiency in using Oracle SQL, which can lead to career advancement opportunities and higher salaries. It can also enhance your credibility and open up new job opportunities.

What are the prerequisites for taking the Oracle SQL certification exams?

There are no prerequisites for taking the Oracle SQL certification exams. However, it is recommended to have some experience using Oracle SQL and familiarizing yourself with the exam topics before attempting the exams.

How can I prepare for the Oracle SQL certification exams?

Oracle offers official training courses and study materials for each certification level. It is also recommended to practice using Oracle SQL and familiarize yourself with the exam topics by using online resources and practice exams.